Question about Vizio XVT553SV 55 in. LCD TV
Every time I turn on the Vizio set it downloads firmware; I infer this from its behavior. This behavior is a bit different every time I turn it on. Sometimes it appears to work normally and I can watch cable OK, but the problem is revealed by its inability to connect to the wifi - it shows the yellow symbol, no green bars. Other times the lower lower part of the screen is full of colorful vertical bars, while the upper part of the screen has a normal picture (from cable). Other times the cable picture freezes, though the sound track continues. Generally, after several minutes (it varies) the set turns itself off and the Vizio symbol blinks several times and the set turns itself on again; then, it works fine and can connect to the internet (Netflix) by wifi until it is turned off. When it is turned on again, same story all over agian. Vizio support had me reset the memory to factory default, but that did not solve the problem. SInce I use the Vizio mainly for Netflix, this is extremely annoying. I bought the set in Nov. 2010 and I think I have had this problem pretty much all along but not as frequently and thought it was an issue with my wifi.
Firmware corrupted. A reinstallation is necessary. Contact any service technician.
Posted on Mar 04, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Call Vizio tech support and start a case. i am having the same issues with mine and i have sent it back. they will be replacing it this time.
Posted on Apr 09, 2008
SOURCE: Black showing as red on LCD
this is a LVDS cable issue. All you have to do is call Vizio and they will send out a tech and replace the LVDS cable along with the Main Board. This should resolve the pixilation issue.
Posted on May 20, 2009
SOURCE: SV470XVT Vizio picture freezes
Hello, This seems more like an interface problem then a board issue. Which interface are you using Component Video, HDMI or , RF(F Connector)? If you are using the RF (F Connector) there might be a problem in the tuner including the RF and IF sections on the circuit board. If you are using HDMI there might be a problem in the HDMI Integrated Circuit If you are using componente video the there might be a problem in the video circuits connected to the RCA jacks of the Component video input. If I were you I would have the take the TV back to the shop and have these items checked out, because board swapping is not the proper thing to do. I hope this helps, Thank you, Shuttle83 http://www.electron-age-technologies-llc.com
Posted on Jun 14, 2009
I found out that the main board gets too hot after few minutes that the TV is ON and that causes the interference of voltage, So, I don't know what causes it but my Vizio Tv turned green also and I installed a desk FAN behind the TV and kept it cool. This solved the problem, but as soon as I turn the FAN OFF, TV gets hot and turns green again. I spoke to VIZIO Customer Service and the people that I bought it from; Vizio knew about the problem and offered to fix it, but the wholesaler that I bought mine from is willing to swap it for another one.
I hope this would help to continue using the TV untill the problem is fixed.
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2017 | Televison & Video
Jul 27, 2015 | Vizio Televison & Video
Dec 28, 2011 | Vizio M550NV 55 in LCD HDTV
It can be difficult to get things right on the first try. With that truism in mind, Vizio Incorporated includes USB ports on their televisions that you can use to load firmware updates onto the television. Vizio has released firmware updates only for certain television models, and the instructions for installing firmware updates vary slightly by model. To upgrade your television's firmware, you need to download and copy firmware drivers to a USB flash drive and then read and follow Vizio's specific installation instructions for your model.
1. Connect the USB flash drive to your computer
2. Click the "Start" button, and click the "My Computer" icon.
3. Right-click the flash drive, and click "Format" in the menu
4. Select "FAT32" in the drop-down menu, and click the "OK" button. Windows will format your USB flash drive with the FAT32 file system.
5. Open your Web browser, and navigate to the Vizio support Web site at www.vizio.com/support.
6. Click the "Select Your Product" drop-down menu, and select your model of Vizio television from the list. A new page will open that displays available downloads for your television
7. Click the "Firmware Update" link, and save the firmware update file to your computer.
8. Click the "Firmware Instructions" link, and read the instructions specific to your Vizio television model.
9. Right-click the file that you downloaded, click "Rename," and then rename the file to the exact name that is specified in the firmware instructions 10. Right-click the file, and click "Send to" > "E: USB Drive" or whichever drive letter corresponds to your flash drive. The firmware update file is copied to your USB drive 11. Right-click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon on the right side of the Windows task bar, and eject the device from your computer
12. Disconnect the USB drive, and plug it in to your Vizio TV's USB port.
13. Follow the steps in the firmware instructions to install the firmware update to your television.
Only you can find is the problem with firmware by udating the frimware of your tv. ok
Aug 05, 2011 | Vizio E420VL 42 in. HD-Ready LCD TV
Jul 29, 2011 | Vizio VO47L 47 in. LCD TV
Apr 17, 2011 | Vizio Televison & Video
Jan 23, 2011 | Vizio Televison & Video
Jun 25, 2009 | Vizio VO47L 47 in. LCD TV
Dec 27, 2007 | Vizio P2 42 in. HD-Ready Plasma Television
Sep 29, 2015 | Vizio XVT553SV 55 in. LCD TV
139 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: