Question about Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I cannot open the printer in order to clean the bottom of the glass which has a whitish flim on it. How do you get to the gack side of the glass?
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Not sure if this will help but there is a small glass panel to the left of your flatbed scanner- this must be clean or else I get a black vertical line in my printing.
Posted on Jul 27, 2007
that is the service manual for the printer you just need to follow the instructions
you can alos find another service manual for your printer here
just scroll down till you see it
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
SOURCE: the glass became dirty in
Of course don't do this if you can avoid it, but I found it somewhat simple (on my 3rd or 4th try). For some reason my scanner came from the factory with a dirty inside glass, and even though it didn't seem to affect the scanning, it bugged me enough to want to clean it. So here's what I did ...
1) lock the lamp (switch on the bottom)
2) open the lid and remove the 2 screws - one left, one right.
(The one in the middle can stay in.)
3) Here's the tricky part - the lid and glass and framing around the glass can slide out toward the back (or top ... toward the screws). Only go out an inch or two.
4) Lift the lid from the front - glass and all and try not to separate the lid from the flat wire attachment. This is designed to come out, so it's okay if it does - it's just hard to get back in!
5) clean the glass. It is glass, so I used isopropol alcohol. Clean with a lent free cloth and make sure all the streaks are gone.
6-9) reverse steps 4 through 1 to reassemble.
10) clean the top surface same as step 5 (prior to plugging it back in of course).
I was afraid I may have been too ******* it when I had to re-insert the wire (mine came out during step 4), but it seems to be working. Hope so because this is a great little scanner. ;)
Hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 26, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 19, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 30, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 30, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 26, 2008 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 19, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 27, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 15, 2006 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!