Question about Plantronics Voyager 500A Deskphone Adapter for Voyager Series Bluetooth Headset [ Pla... Headset
After using the headseat w/o any problem for a long time, I now hear nothing but buzzing all the time. Checked all connections and they seem o.k. Any thoughts?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: My headset was working fine
The CS50 is not a phone and it is not specific to VoIP. It does not transmit over the ehternet wiring in your office space.
Here is how to really "reboot" or as the manufacturer refers to it "perform a system reset" on your headset:
1. Lift the headset off of the charging base. Make sure the headset is turned off. The green light should not be lit on the charging base. 2. The mute button is on the black little wheel on the top of the headset. If you push it straight down with the tip of your finger it will mute it. Now, at the same time, push and hold the mute button with the call answer button. You will see a green light on the headset flash quickly. After 2 series of flashes, let go of both the call answer and the mute button. 3. Place the headset back on the charging cradle. Leave it there for 30 seconds. Lift it up and try it now.
Also make sure that the red light on the base is lit up. This means there is power to the system. If it's not, check the connection.
Posted on May 22, 2009
Try a system reset:
1. Lift the headset off of the charging cradle, but make sure the headset is turned off. It will be off if the green light on the front of the base is not lit. If it's not, push the call answer button once to turn it off.
2. Push the call answer button and the mute button at the same time and hold them down. The mute button is the black little wheel at the top of the headset. Use the tip of your finger to push it straight down and hold it while holding the call answer button. A green light on the headset will flash for 2 series of flashes. Wait until the end of the second series then let go of both buttons.
3. Put the headset back on the charging cradle and wait 30 seconds. Lift it back up and try to use it. If this doesn't work, repeat one more time and then disconnect the power from the base and plug it back in.
Posted on May 22, 2009
The following is a cut from Plantronics web site. I hope it helps, It's just possible you have missed a setting, such as the mute switch.
The CS50 has both transmit (how you are heard) and Receive (how you hear) controls on the unit itself.
The Master Transmit controls are the ABCD switch settings on the bottom of the base. A is the lowest and D is the highest setting. You can fine tune this setting with the Plus (+) and minus (-) buttons on the back of the base that are above and below the picture of the microphone.
The Master Receive setting is on the back of the base (below the picture of the microphone) there is a 1234 switch 1 being the highest setting and 4 being the lowest setting. You can fine tune this setting by using the volume control on the headset itself. This is the rocker volume wheel on the back of the headset (opposite of the microphone).
The headset volume control also doubles as a mute switch if you press it in, instead of rocking it back and forth.
There are also configuration settings on the left hand side of the base. This is a dark grey dial with a 1234 on it. There are notches to the right of this dial. Whatever number is lined up with the notches it what setting you are on.
This needs to be set to the clearest setting.
There is a silver button on the headset itself which is your “Talk button”. This is what you press to use the headset and or transfer the call from the headset back to the hand receiver.
There is also a switch on the right hand side of the base which is your the IntelliStand feature.
When the CS50 is used in conjunction with the HL10 handset lifer you can enable the IntelliStand feature.
The IntelliStand feature senses when the headset has been removed or placed into the CS50 base unit which automatically activates the Handset Lifter and enabling headset/handset mode to answer or end the call.
There is a switch towards the bottom on the right side of the base unit that will switch the IntelliStand feature On and Off.
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
Thanks for your question!
I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet.
The response rate on FixYa FREE questions is usually over 80%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when:
1. the question is unclear, incomplete, or poorly worded...
2. the question is mis-categorized - so the correct experts aren't viewing it...
3. the question requires an answer for something that cannot be explained online adequately...
4. specific training, tools, or equipment are required to avoid injury or death...
5. the Experts that are online simply don't have the resources to answer your question fully...
Please feel free to re-work your question if you feel one of these may be the reason.
Of course you are not required - but converting your question to a PAID one usually increases the reply rate as well.
Normal rates for FixYa are...
$ 9.99 answer for one question.
$12.99 Live Real-Time online chat or premium e-mail support.
$29.99 Live Real Time phone support
Sometimes FixYa will run specials for unlimited questions via monthly subscription or reduced rates for limited periods.
Consider the savings that can be had when an informed Expert can save you a $100 service call, or a $350 trip to the car dealership.
Your problem solved - guaranteed! Or your money back!!
If you don't want to pay - feel free to re-submit your question so it returns back to the top of the work queue if you still need help.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for helping with your FREE question
Posted on Aug 15, 2010
SOURCE: It seems the cord on
Well it looks like the best solution would to buy another headset assembly. You could short out the whole system if you do not. see link below. It's @ 70 bucks but look on eBay and you might find a good deal.
Posted on Jan 03, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 20, 2011 | Plantronics CS70 Wireless Headset
Jun 24, 2011 | Plantronics CS50-USB Headset
Dec 13, 2010 | Plantronics (45647-04) for S10, T10, T20...
Aug 20, 2017 | Plantronics CS50 Wireless Office Headset...
Apr 11, 2010 | Plantronics PL-CS50 Professional Headset
May 15, 2009 | Plantronics CS-50 Professional Headset
Apr 24, 2009 | Plantronics CS50 Wireless Headset
Jan 05, 2009 | Plantronics CS50-USB Professional Headset
May 19, 2010 | Plantronics Voyager 500A Deskphone Adapter...
61 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: