An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: i have been deleted my pc,s sounddriver at the time...
Go to the website of the sound CARD manufacturer and download the driver for the card you have. Just stating an Intel P4 with 40gb & 256 ram doesn't give any usefull information. It's like asking for spark plugs fur an american car with a 6 cylinder engine.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1) All computer has BIOS ( Basic input/output system). Here, you can set up how your PC will run. It is a blue colored full screen with different tabs like general, exit, devices and many more. Go to BIOS by simply hitting del (delete) continuously after restarting your computer.
2) Once in BIOS, look for the booting set up. Listed there are the devices which computer normally boots. ( Harddisk, CD-rom, Floopy Disk and Network)
3) Place the CD-Rom as the first boot and see to it that the bootable CD of Operating system you want is inserted in the CD-Rom. Then Place harddisk as the second booting device. Third and fourth booting devices are not usually important.
4) Save the changes and Exit. This will restart your computer automatically.
5) When your computer restarts wait until you see a message saying......... Boot to CD........<----if this showed up hit any key to boot to CD. This will make your computer refer to the CD.
6) They will ask you if you want to delete or to create a new partition. For me just delete the partition and do not create anymore partitions. This will only slows your computer down.
7) After Deleting the partitions, they will ask you if you wanted to format you PC. There are 4 choices in there:
a. Quick format (FAT) b. Format (FAT) c. Quick format (NTSF) d. Format (NTSF)
Choose the format either NTSF or FAT. Sometimes quick formatting result to corruption of some files.
8) The computer will copy the contents needed from the CD to your PC and installs it. Windows will appear but i know when you see one you can understand what to do. It will just ask for date and time and user name if you want to.
9) After the installation is complete the computer will automatically restart.
10) Once restarted, set the display in your choice. You can do anything now. Congratulations, you now can reformat
You can download it from the Hp (compaq) website, Sounddriver
Please select the operating system you are using before you proceed. I guess your O.s is win vista or win 7. Good luck
Thanks for using Fixya.
How did u save it ? Usually dell provide drivers in EXE format and they are autmatically extracted. I think u saved without extension. You should rename the file and named exactly like that sounddriver.exe and try to open it. If still not working try to open the file with WINRAR, download it from www.rarlab.com