Question about LG WD-1280FHD Front Load Washer
What is this ?
Check the pressure switch -the system that determines correct waterlevel in the drum. If its giving an incorrect indication to the programtimer machine will either overfill, refuse to fill or refuse to spin.Its an air operated diaphragm switch triggered by rising air pressureinduced by the entry of water into an airtight vessel attached to thebase of the drum. It tells the program timer that the water has reachedthe correct level, allowing it to proceed to the water heating stage inthe cycle. Power off, drag machine out onto the floor, remove backcover and top cover. The pressure switch is a round item about 3 inchesacross with several wires and a thin rubber pipe attached. It generallysits just under the top cover. Disconnect the thin rubber pipe from theswitch and blow down through it to clear any blockage. Switch itselfmay be faulty but its more likely the pressure pipe or the vesselattached to the other end of the pipe is blocked. Some machines havethe pressure vessel integrated as part of the filter unit, with apressure chamber moulded into the top of the filter body. Remove thepressure vessel, put a small nut or screw in it, fill it with water andshake vigorously till any crud or residue is removed. Refit all parts,check that joints and connections are water tight.
Also check the filter itself - generally located behind a panel at thefoot of the machine.Some are obvious like little square hatches andsome are hidden behind the trim panel at the foot of the machine. Oncepanel is removed the filter should be visible. Its generally a circularplastic fitting which unscrews in an anticlockwise direction. Somehotpoint, indesit and ariston filters are located in the big black sumphose (the one that leaves the bottom of the outer drum and connects tothe pump). Power off, drag machine out onto the floor, remove backcover or tip machine up at an angle. Locate sump hose, remove thetensioner clip by squeezing the tabs together with a large pair ofpliers or vise grips, remove the hose, take out filter and clean. Beprepared for spillage of water. May help if the machine is tiltedbackwards at an angle.
Repair and service your own washing machine. Go to www.2ndwave.co.uk/manual.html
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
Error Code: PE
I am new to this forum. I followed the suggestion above and blew down the clear, plastic tube, and turned on machine, and walllla, it worked. My wife was amazed. Can\'t thank this forum enough and all the people who posted suggestions and helpful hints.
My machine was working just fine two days ago. Today, it showed PE code and it showed right at the get-go, no water, nothing worked, just PE and the beeping sound.
Hope this helps.
1. Unplugged the machine. Meaning not connected to the wall sockets.
2. I took two screws in the front off
3. I took two screws in the back off.
4. Forgot to unscrew the hose connecting to my sink. So I did that.
5. For my machine, model number above, the round unit is located on the far left side, left to me as I am standing and working from behind the machine.
6. The unit is round, perfectly round, and it is about 2 inches big, maybe 2.5 inches. It is connected to a plug, when unplugged, there are three wires.
7. The unit is sorta loose. This tells me there must be an easy way to remove it.
8. On top of the unit, there appears to be a screw, and it looks plastic-like. I initially wanted to use my screw driver on it, glad I didn\'t.
9. Look closely at the rounded part, it should have three tiny plastic (the whole thing is made of plastic and the ring around it, is also plastic), but upon closer inspection, you will find three little plastic groves, that is designed to hold the unit in place, I bent the plastic parts back, there are three but I only needed to do to two of the plastic prongs and that is all is required to pull the round unit (Pressure Sensor) right up and away.
10. Unit is connected by plastic, clear hose and maybe some other wires, so you can lift it up but not completely, as it is still tied down.
11. You will see a small metal clip, that holds the plastic tube to the Pressure Sensor, use small needle nose. Remove plastic hose, blow down it. Put it back.
12. I didn\'t even put the back cover back on. Just wanted to make sure it works first.
13. I did put the two screws in the front back though. After all the machine will be spinning and doing things at high speed.
14. As I write this, I can hear my beautiful LG humming in the background.
Again, with gratitude. Glad I found the answer and glad I joined this community. Will be posting more in the future.
Posted on Oct 25, 2014
PE (abnormal sensor) error code on LG model WF-T853.
Machine would start cycle, fill with water pulse once or twice, then alarm.
When top cover was removed (plastic cover where hoses screw in,disconnect power first, remove hoses, remove two screws and lift off, may be a little tight around hose inlets) found that mice had chewed through wires for door switch making it seem like door was always open. Just a matter of a few new wires and problem solved.
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
PE error code means there is an pressure sensor error in your machine .
You need to check pressure it will be giving incorrect indication .
Pressure switch is faulty you need to change it .
Procedure for changing it is :
Thanks for using Fixya.
Posted on Jan 20, 2010
SOURCE: What is the problem if
Pressure Switch faulty.
Replace with P/N: 6501EN1001A
Reply if you need directions for removal & installation.
* If you found this solution helpfull, please rate with 4 thumbs up & a testimonial.
Posted on Apr 08, 2011
SOURCE: i have whirlpool top loader
In my research, the PE error relates to the fill level of the washing machine. The fill level sensor is a pressure operated device. There is a sealed air line that goes from the bottom of the tub to an air pressure sensor. As the tub fills, it compresses the air in this air pressure sensor. When the tub is filled to the level selected on the dial, the sensor stops the fill cycle.
This air line can be plugged or the sensor itself can be faulty. This air pressure sensor is usually located near the top of the tub just under the top cover. If you can locate it, disconnect the air line from the pressure sensor and blow through it - it may be blocked by lint and soap from several washing cycles. There may be a filter in this line to help prevent this blockage. But the filter may have become blocked itself.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Aug 01, 2011
SOURCE: PE error code on LG WF-T653A
PE is a pressure switch problem. Could be a bad switch or it could be that the hose is plugged. The switch looks like a diapharm switch and is located on the main board. It has a black hose that connects under the bottom of the tub. See if that end is clogged. Otherwise you may need a new switch.
Posted on Jun 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 21, 2016 | LG Washing Machines
Aug 04, 2015 | LG Washing Machines
Mar 26, 2015 | LG Washing Machines
Mar 03, 2015 | LG Washing Machines
Apr 08, 2011 | LG Washing Machines
Dec 26, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Apr 18, 2010 | LG WD-1280FHD Front Load Washer
Apr 08, 2010 | LG WFT1071TP Top Load Washer
Jan 20, 2010 | LG Washing Machines
Jan 17, 2010 | LG Washing Machines
3,988 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: