Question about HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
49 error means firmware error..
1. Press CANCEL JOB to clear the print job from the printer memory.
2. Turn the printer off, and then turn the printer on. You can try reprinting the job to see if it was a temporary error.
3. If error persists, try printing a job from a different software application. If the alternate job prints, go back to the first application and try printing a different file. (If the message only appears with a certain software application or certain print job, try upgrading the printer driver and / or firmware.)
4. If the message persists with different software applications and print jobs, disconnect all cables to the printer that connect it to the network or printer. Turn the printer off and delete the print queue. Then reboot printer AND computer, reconnect cables, and try printing again.
5. Remove all EIO devices from the printer (Jet Direct cards, hard drives, etc.). If 49 errors goes away, turn printer off, re-install EIO devices one at a time, and reboot printer each time to determine which EIO device is failing.
6. If printing still fails with all EIO devices removed, remove all memory DIMMs or third-party DIMMs from the printer. (Do not remove the firmware DIMM-- printer won't function without this installed.) Turn the printer on with DIMMS missing. If the error no longer exists, install each DIMM one at a time, turn printer on, test printer. Replace a DIMM if you determine that it causes the error.
7. Remember to reconnect all cables that connect the printer to the network or computer.
8. If the error persists, replace the firmware DIMM.
9. If error persists, replace the formatter.
If you need any kind of technical assistance you can contact support cell at http://www.vtechsquad.com/
Posted on Dec 11, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Feb 24, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 28, 2011 | Google Gmail
Mar 10, 2011 | HP LaserJet 4345mfp Printer
Feb 03, 2011 | HP LaserJet P3005n Printer
Jul 29, 2009 | IBM Computers & Internet
Jan 25, 2009 | Compaq Presario 1200,1600, Series CD...
Dec 05, 2008 | HP LaserJet 4350 Printer
May 23, 2008 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
Feb 20, 2008 | Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-S40 Digital Camera
Oct 03, 2016 | HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
104 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: