Question about Whirlpool Gold White-on-White 21.9 cu. ft. Conquest Side-By-Side Refrigerator with Ice and Water GD2SHAXLQ Side by Side Refrigerator
My ice maker will make and freeze water but will not dispense it into the storage bin in the freezer door.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tammi, you first want to check to make sure the water inlet tube to the icemaker is not frozen shut. Next, get yourself a jumper wire about 4 inches long with the ends stripped exposing the wire on each end. Pull off the ice maker cover, it will pull right off. Now you are looking at the module. On the module, left side, you will see two test points marked V and L. Insert one end of the jumper wire into V and the other marked L. You are now sending 120 volts to the water valve and water should fill the ice maker providing the inlet tube is not frozen over. If it doesn't fill, you either have a bad water valve or module itself. Also check to see if the clips that hold the center gear on the module are not broken. Catriver..post back.
Posted on Mar 22, 2007
Ok, I show parts that are available for that model, sounds like the control board is defective for your dispenser, or possibly the Ice maker control board. It also could be a break in the wiring or the control itself. Below is a break down for those parts, wiring and the control behind the push to dispense ice or water. Hope it is not that control because some places don't provide that part. Now if it's a connection problem that we can find, I will do mu best to help you solve this.Could you insure the model number is correct as this is very important? firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
Hello. Thanks for choosing fixya! The most common cause for your problem is that someone accidentally raised the wire in the icemaker area that turns it off. Check that first if the wire is up, push it down and within a few hours you will have new ice. The second most common problem is that the cubes in the mold got stuck in there. the fix is to use a blow dryer to free them up, then dry out the mold and spray some PAM cooking spray in to the mold to lubricate it. The final possibliity is that there is ice in the water supply line that feeds your ice maker. Once again get out the blow dryer and thaw that ice so that the water flows once again. good luck with it. regards, joe
Posted on Nov 05, 2009
I have a whirpool side by side ref with ice and water in the door. I'm getting water but no ice, I can't find my modle#.
Posted on Jan 04, 2010
Take off the back panel in the freezer. 1/4" screws. Use a nut driver or ratchet and socket with an extension.
2. Behind the frost is the evaporator and the defrost heaters. One heater in the middle and one at the bottom. They are glass tubes. If you can see the bottom heater that is great. If not use a hair dryer and defrost only the very bottom to expose the lower heater only.
3. Now in the refrigerator section at the top where the controls are, take off the long plastic piece to expose the timer. The timer should be on the right hand side and have a little circle that is slotted. Get a flat screwdriver and turn that timer slowly clockwise just until it clicks and the refrigerator turns off. This will put it into defrost.
4. Now look at that heater that you exposed and see if it glows and gets hot. If it does, then the timer is bad.
5. If the heater doesn't come on then go ahead and defrost the rest of the evaporator with the hair dryer. This will take a little while. Don't poke at the evaporator!!!
6. Once totally defrosted look at both heaters. They should look like clear glass and see a silver coil running thru them. If they look discolored at all then the heaters are bad. The heaters come as a complete assembly with the defrost thermostat which clips onto the evaporator.
7. If the heaters look ok the only way to know for sure if they are bad is to check continuity with a meter on the plug at the end of their wiring harness. If you can check that then you can splice in a new defrost thermostat to solve the problem. However the best thing to do is replace the heaters and defrost thermostat . It is easy to install.
Follow these steps and this will solve your problem.
Hope this helpout......
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2015 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
May 30, 2012 | Refrigerators
Mar 16, 2011 | Whirlpool ET8WTKXK Top Freezer...
Aug 13, 2010 | Roper RT21AKXKQ Top Freezer Refrigerator
Apr 09, 2010 | Whirlpool 24.8 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Mar 17, 2010 | Refrigerators
May 21, 2009 | Whirlpool GS5SHAXN Side by Side...
Nov 21, 2008 | Whirlpool Refrigerators
May 15, 2008 | Whirlpool GS5SHAXN Side by Side...
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: