Question about Exercise & Fitness
I did have the treadmill working the other day even though the error message was on,now nothing,any help??
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Replace Switch error message
It was the emergency tag that you attached to yourself when you run (in case you fall over - the belt then stops etc). i had not connected it properly
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
Do a Calibration on the treadmill. Take out the safety key. With 2 fingers, hold down the stop button and the speed up or spped plus button. keep holding them down as you insert the safety key, then let go of both.
Press the stop button 1 time, you should see all 0's in the windows, or EP 2P or something weird like that.
Press the Incline up button and then wait. If the incline go up until it stalls then down until it stalls the stops at the bottom, the you are recalibrated, take out the safery key and put it back in to see if all is well. If the incline takes off up again without touching a button, the you have wiring problems or control problems. Call service company to get it repaired.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
i just called the manufacturer on this and found out i have a faulty control panel, but these are the steps they told me to go through to reset. If it works, then you are good, if not, you may also have a control panel issue.
1. plug in and turn on treadmill, keep red key out
2. press and hold the stop button and speed up button at the same time and hold them while you insert the red key
3. after red key is inserted, let go of both buttons
**CAUTION - be sure to stand on side bars of treadmill, clear of the belt for this next part bc it will go VERY FAST***
4. press stop button once
5. press speed up button until it reads 85 (see what i mean?!)
6. press stop button once
7. press incline down or up one time and it should get back into normal mode. mine just started a series of flashing lights and "8"s in all the "windows" so my panel needs to be replaced. here is the number i called - 1-877-993-7999. Good Luck!
Posted on Jan 06, 2010
SOURCE: Treadmill incline error
Try this, it fixed it for me, if it doesn't work let me know
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
ICON CALIBRATION INSTRUCTIONS- INCLINE
1) Press the Stop and the Speed Up keys down while inserting the safety key. If this doesn’t work, click on the help topic entitled “Alternate Calibration Codes” for key sequence instructions to enter calibration.
2) Press the Stop key one time. The Time window should read EP:2P. Some newer models may also say FP, Pass, or the like. This means that it passes the EPROM test.
3) Press either incline key and the incline will calibrate automatically.
4) THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP BECAUSE YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE IF THIS STEP IS SKIPPED.After completing calibration of incline, press the Stop key and then remove the safety key.
Posted on Jul 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 25, 2014 | Nordic Track Commercial 1750 Treadmill...
Oct 10, 2012 | Precor 927 Treadmill
Oct 01, 2012 | New Balance Balance 1500 Treadmill
Sep 03, 2012 | New Balance Balance 1500 Treadmill
Jul 11, 2012 | Proform Exercise & Fitness
Jul 24, 2010 | New Balance 2500 Treadmill
Jan 15, 2010 | Exercise & Fitness
Jan 05, 2010 | Exercise & Fitness
Nov 18, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!