a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check that the Creative Zen Touch has the most current version of the firmware driver. Firmware updates typically fix most common errors and problems encountered when using the Zen Touch. Turn on the MP3 player and select "System" in the home menu. Click "Information" then press "Settings." Select "About." Look for the internal firmware's version number listed under "Version." The most recent firmware is 2.01.00 and was released in 2006. If your software is outdated, download an update from the Creative support site: http://support.creative.com/downloads/download.aspx?nDownloadId=100120
Ensure that the song files you are trying to transfer to the Zen Touch are compatible with the player. On your computer, right click the song file to view its file format. The Zen Touch can play all unprotected WMAs, WAVs and MP3s. It does not support the popular protected AAC format that is used in online stores such as Apple iTunes.
Verify that the Zen Touch's internal battery is fully charged. This may cause what appears to be a blank or dead screen, as well as slow responsiveness to your touch. Insert the power adapter brick connector into the Zen Touch's power port found on its right-hand top corner. Plug the adapter into a wall outlet to begin charging. The MP3 player will be finished charging in four hours. You may use the MP3 player while it is charging, but this may slow down the charging process.
Adjust the screen contrast on the Zen Touch. This may resolve any issues you have with viewing the screen in bad lighting. From the main menu, click "Settings" and choose "Contrast." Slide your finger up or down the Zen Touch's touch pad to adjust the contrast to a suitable setting.
To Fix any problems with broken firmware form attempted “playsforsure” firmware updates etc where your pc finds it as a 20mb drive and it sits in recovery mode and does bugger all:
1. Uninstall all creative software & drivers 2. Uninstall Media Player 11 and Media Player 11 runtime (will require a reboot for each thing). This is done by going to add/remove programs and uninstalling (this will put your pc back to wmp10). 3. Re-install the Zen Driver from the creative website and reboot (I just reloaded Media Explorer using my ZMP install CD). 4, Plug Zen in. 5, Make sure you have the firmware update ready, run it but don’t click the language bit yet), leave the mouse hovering over your language selection. (for ZMP, just start firmware exe file, there is no language selection. You can get the firmware update from Creative’s site, go to SUPPORT and then DOWNLOADS). 6. On the Zen- select “reload OS” (on ZMP I believe it is Erase or Reload Firmware, something like that, don’t have it in front of me). 7. As soon as it flashes up “reload new firmware now via USB” click the language button 8. Now the pc should find it and allow you to re-load the firmware. (it may take a few attempts) 9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now be fine. 10. Once all is working, you can re-install WMP11 and it will work fine.
Have you tried to load the firmware? First you'll need to download the firmware to your PC from Creative's website: Click here. After you've downloaded it, connect your Zen via USB to your PC and open the firmware icon, then click "Upgrade."
For more detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot your Zen, click here
You will need to put the Zen into recovery mode and erase the firmware, then reload the firmware. Follow these steps:
To Erase the Firmware:
1. Get a paperclip and straighten it out.
2. Hold down the Play/Pause button, and put the paperclip through the reset hole. Release the paperclip while continuing to press the Play/Pause button until you see the screen change.
3. Select "Reload Firmware."
To Load the new Firmware:
Go to www.Creative.com/support --> downloads. Click through the navigation and download the latest Zen Touch firmware. Reboot your computer, then plug in your Zen via USB cable. Double-click the firmware icon and then click upgrade.
http://184.108.40.206/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=70,E=0000000000295074190,K=561,Sxi=1,Kb=ww_english_add,VARSET=ws:http://us.creative.com/,Case=obj(7931),Kb=ww_english_add To use an MP3 player with online music subscription services, the following is needed:
A specific application from the online music service provider
Windows Media Player 11.
Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Vista. To check the Service Pack version,
click on Start, Control Panel and then System.
An MP3 player with MTP/PlaysForSure firmware installed.
Currently, the following players support PlaysForSure either out of
box or with an available firmware upgrade: ZEN Vision W, ZEN V Plus,
ZEN V, ZEN Vision:M, ZEN Vision, ZEN Sleek Photo, ZEN Micro, ZEN MicroPhoto,
ZEN Sleek, ZEN Touch, ZEN Xtra, and ZEN PMC.
Sounds like a bad motherboard to me. However, it may just need a firmware update. Have you tried to update the firmware yet?
If not, go to www.Creative.com
-->Follow the correct language and country links
-->Select the correct options for Zen Touch
Download the firmware and try to upload it to your Zen Touch.
If your Zen Touch is not recognized by the computer, its best to buy another MP3 player, as your motherboard is bad.
try downloading the MP3 player recovery tool from Creative's website (the tool contains the latest firmware update available -- 1.15.03). Plug your ZV+ into your PC, run the program and let it update the firmware. Then format, reload your music and try it.