Question about Microwave Ovens
You may have either too much also connected to that circuit or the wiring may be involved along with a circuit breaker that needs replacement--you would have to have an electrician look to see if load on it is within limits for what is connected or swap the breaker out with a correct one to see if the issue is the breaker or not.
Posted on Dec 10, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The circuit is probably a 20Amp circuit (see the number stamped on the circuit breaker switch). Most likely, it is the same circuit as the refrigerator, crock pot, window A/C unit, etc....
Also, if you are using an extension cord or a power strip or a surge protector. Those may not have a high enough power rating.
One other possibility (not likely) is that the circuit breaker is a 15Amp and the microwave is 1500 watts.
What else is cut off when the circuit breaker is tripped?
Solution is to use a different outlet for the microwave, or turn off any other applicance in the same circuit (except the refrigerator, of course).
Hope this helps!
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
SOURCE: No power
The door switches are designed to prevent the unit from running while the door is open. You probably have a blown fuse, and it's a white or dark grey ceramic fuse of 15A or 20A, available from local big box stores or appliance parts stores. The fuse is usually located on the floor of the chassis behind the control panel, or mounted in the same area as the door switches. Also, I'm really curious how the door switch got stuck while cleaning? That sounds scary...
Posted on Nov 13, 2006
If a fuse inside had blown, that would definitely reduce the current flow rather than trip the breaker.
I have replaced several breakers over the years; they no longer last forever.
Try your Amana on a different circuit, not in the kitchen; if that other circuit likes the oven, the breaker is bad. If the alternate circuit breaker also trips, then you have not a blown fuse in the Amana but rather a shorted component inside and repairing the oven will likely cost about the same as replacing it.
Posted on Nov 22, 2009
There is an internal cartridge fuse, as well as thermal fuses. It is not recommended that you attempt any internal repairs on a microwave due to the presence of very high voltages and the danger of microwave radiation if not reassembled correctly. Residential microwaves, if not under warrranty, are generally considered disposable. Parts and service are very expensive.
Posted on Feb 25, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks, that was very helpful."
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2014 | LG LMV1813ST Microwave Oven
Aug 30, 2012 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 29, 2012 | LG Microwave Ovens
Jun 21, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 22, 2011 | Tappan Microwave Ovens
Sep 23, 2010 | Maytag Microwave Ovens
Sep 16, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
May 18, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 31, 2009 | KitchenAid KCMC155J Convection/Microwave...
152 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!