Question about Photography

1 Answer

Canon Command Back T70

I have an old SLR camera, Canon T70. A very old model but still functions well. My problem is about its back cover known as Command back. The LCD is broken. Not even at canon service center can i get relief for the repair. Where can i find a new or second hand unit of the command back. My regards.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 58 Answers

I would try ebay. Check for sellers who sell serviced and reconditioned cameras. They will often have spares salvaged from cameras broken beyond repair.

Avoid cameras sold for spares or repair. This is often used as an excuse to sell junk, but not always.

A reputable seller who sells for spares sholud be able to tell you if a particular part is functional or not, and will refund if they turn out to be mistaken.

Posted on Jan 22, 2009

  • robb0502
    robb0502 Oct 14, 2013

    not sure how your problem worked out but E bay would be your best choice for vintage Canon film camera items. However the T-70 command back are like hen's teeth -- yes that rare. If you can find a T-70 Command back in good operating condition with no BLEED on the edges, go for it. You may have to buy a used camera for parts however.



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My flash unit seems to be functional, but won't work when taking pictures with the T70.

Is this a canon dedicated flash? Does it fire but you don't get a picture or is most of it blank? Try clean off the hot shoe contact and the dedicated contacts with an ink eraser. It may be that there is gunk/corrosion of the hot shoe contacts on the body. If it is not a dedicated flash you have to set the camera to the flash sync speed on manual. On the model it would be something like a 1/60th of a second. Is the flash hot shoe cracked?

Sep 12, 2014 | Canon T70 35mm SLR Camera

1 Answer

Ineed a new batery cover

One for sale here:

Nov 02, 2010 | Canon T70 35mm SLR Camera

1 Answer

Need the sleve that cover the battries

According to the pictures I see in the T70 manual, there is no sleeve required. It shows two AA batteries in the battery compartment, but no sleeve. Try just placing the batteries (properly oriented) into the well and closing the cover, and see if the camera powers on OK. You should be fine using it that way.

Feb 05, 2010 | Canon T70 35mm SLR Camera

1 Answer


Canon has not sold those for quite a while. Your best bet is to go to Ebay, Film cameras, film camera body acessories, type in Canon Command back 70 and wait until one shows up.
If you save the search, you get an email everytime one comes up. Good luck.

Dec 28, 2009 | Canon T70 35mm SLR Camera

1 Answer

Film won't load.

check batteries, if they are old substitute with known good batteries. One of batteries may be problem test individually under load test! . good luck

Aug 27, 2009 | Canon T70 35mm SLR Camera

1 Answer

Ordered lens for Canon T70 camera

Hi there and welcome to FixYa.

Check on the box. Your camera has an FD mount. The lens you need to use also has to fit the Canon FD mount. If the lens you received is not an FD mount lens...send it back.

Thanks for coming to FixYa.


Mar 26, 2009 | Canon T70 35mm SLR Camera

1 Answer

I recently bought a canon t70 on ebay. The seller mentioned that it was used, but failed to mention that the viewfinder was cracked. Can I possibly fix this or do I need to get my money back?

Hi there, and welcome to FixYa.

You should get your money back. Never buy something that you have to put money into to have it working properly. You should not attempt to repair this yourself. If you want to keep it, and pay even more money, take it to a shop.


Mar 20, 2009 | Canon T70 35mm SLR Camera

1 Answer

Canon T70 35mm SLR Camera

Hi there and welcome to FixYa.

To get your camera back in to AE mode. Press the Mode button, then press either the up or down buttons on top right side of the camera. Look at the little LCD screen. You and to see the word PROGRAM on the screen.
Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for coming to FixYa.


Mar 09, 2009 | Canon T70 35mm SLR Camera

Not finding what you are looking for?
Photography Logo

Related Topics:

117 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Photography Experts


Level 3 Expert

538 Answers


Level 3 Expert

2600 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

17115 Answers

Are you a Photography Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides