I can get into my e-mail but cannot read the
A lot of us believe Yahoo implemented some changes that affected the ability to read our mail. I've had this issue since May 29. Since then, I've developed a Work-Around to read my mail or mail in other File Folders. I've seen other comments that use this method as well. Sounds like we all came upon this Work-Around simultaneously.
Since I've been offering solutions to read one's mail, my personal Profile indicates that over 80 others have this inability to read their mail. So we are not alone.
General consensus is that Yahoo has not developed a fix yet and Yahoo is offering up other solutions which, so far , have failed. Not seen anyone admit their solutions actually work.
I've read where one customer disabled his Norton anti-virus and his mail worked normally. When he re-enabled the Norton anti-virus, the mail screwed up again. His indications were that Norton was working on the issue. Sounds like Yahoo instituted some upgrades and now Norton may have to change something in their package to make the two systems compatable. Don't know for sure at this point.
1) Double click on your mail Inbox or other File Folder
2) Right click and a Pop-up window will show up
3) Choose OPEN
4) Read your mail, select an email for viewing
5) In order to DELETE, MOVE the email to another File Folder, REPLY, FORWARD - Go ahead do what you normally do. You'll notice that your email didn't disappear.
6) Go to your Inbox or another File Folder as if you wish to read another email. If you were DELETING your email from your Inbox, select your Inbox again, DBL clicking and Right Clicking. When the File RE-opens, you'll notice the email you DELETED is now gone.
Pain in the rear, but it at least allows you to read and dispose of the mail.
Yahoo doesn't seem to have an ETA on when the Fix will be in place. They have had suggestions , but no -one has admitted any of them have worked.
Jun 11, 2009 |
Yahoo Computers & Internet