Question about McCulloch Garden
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
part # 94-8812 is traction belt 106-4498 auger belt
There is a service bulltin on this I have not seen this yet, Ill paste it for you to look at .
this was issued dec 22-2003 you would think that it would have shown up as a problem by now.
UNITS AFFECTED: Model Number(s): Serial Number(s):
38621 (Int'l.) 240000001-240999999
38635 (Int'l.) 240000001-240999999
38645 (Int'l.) 240000001-240999999
SUBJECT: Traction belt jumps off the pulley.
SITUATION: Incorrect pulley alignment causes the traction belt to jump off, usually when the drive is disengaged or as a hill is crested.
1. Remove the belt cover, engine belt guide and the bolt securing the crankshaft pulley.
2. Remove the auger brake assembly.
3. Remove the crankshaft pulley and the auger belt.
4. On the left side of the machine, remove the hair pin cotter from the speed control link and slide the link out of the pulley pivot assembly. The traction belt can now be removed.
5. Shorten the pulley half nearest the engine (PN 106-7334) shown in Fig 1. Grind or machine 1/8” (.125”/3.2mm). from the hub end of the pulley. The new finished length of the pulley half should be 1.07” (2.7cm).
6. Chamfer the bore to ensure the pulley fully contacts the shoulder on the crankshaft. You can send the pulley to an outside machine shop if you do not feel that you can modify the pulley in house.
7. Reinstall the pulley with a new traction belt.
A. Chamfer edge after grinding/machining.
B. Remove 1/8”.
C. Masking tape used as a reference line.
8. With the engine off, engage both the traction and auger levers and inspect the alignment of both the auger and traction belt idler pulleys (Fig. 2). Since we have moved the crankshaft pulley it may be necessary to bend the idler arms slightly to center the belts. Adjust as needed.
9. Install the engine belt guide and test operate.
10. Install the belt covers.
PARTS: P/N 94-8812 Traction Belt
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
You need to get underneath the mower.Look in the front on the bottom of the engine.You will see the engine pulley.On the side of the pulley you will see a bracket that keeps the belt from falling off the pulley.It is help on by two bolts.Take the bracket off.Now you will be able to take the belt off.
Reinstall the new belt and replace the bracket.
Posted on Sep 02, 2009
you may have missed it but the diagram is on the deck , look closely you should see it, anyway it should look like an upside down t if you were siting and looking at it from the drivers position. you should have to remove only one pin to get the belt on and it would be on the right side of the deck
Posted on Oct 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2016 | Garden
Mar 17, 2015 | Garden
Jul 25, 2014 | McCulloch Riding Mower Briggs 20 HP V-Twin...
Jul 25, 2014 | McCulloch Mosquito 86 Mcculloch 25cc...
Apr 22, 2010 | Craftsman 17.5 hp 42 in. Deck Lawn Tractor...
Dec 02, 2009 | Garden
Aug 27, 2009 | Garden
261 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!