Question about Home
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The Sanibest has a pressure sensitive switch that activates when the water pressure inside the unit gets to a particular level. It is basically a microswitch sealed in a watertight container.
If the Sanibest has got gunked up inside it is possible that the unit is not kicking in soon enough and the water is backing up into your shower.
Another possible issue is that something has got into the Sanibest that should not be there that is impeding the flow out of the unit.
For both cases I would suggest that you empty the cistern and WC bowl after running clean water through th unit for a few miunutes (makes the job a bit less horrible!).
You could also try and use SaniFlo cleaning product and hope that it clears the potential blockage http://www.sanifloproducts.co.uk/products/Saniflo-Products-Saniflo-Descaler.html
** ENSURE THAT THE VERY FIRST THING YOU DO IS TURN OFF POWER TO UNIT **
1. Turn off the electricity to the unit (should be on a fused spur)
2. Disconnect the pipes (inlet and discharge) - you may get a bit of surplus water coming out so have some sponges and a bucket ready.
3. Disconnect the wiring and take the unit out
4. I clean my Saniflo's outside with warm bleach water ..
- Wear rubber gloves to keep germs out of any cuts you may have / get on your hands
- Put the elextrical cable in a taped up plastic food bag or similar to keep dry
- undo the 'star screws'
- Flip up the plastic retaining tabs with a flat blade screwdriver and gently ease the lid up.
- I put bleach and warm water in, leave it for a while (30 mins) and then swish it around and empty out into an outside drain etc
- If you want to use an old toothbrush to get into the areas by the float switch and under the motor it does help. I also used a hosepipe in the past which did the trick.
- Also pay attention to the inlet port and the actual pipes under your sink for gunk
put it back together, aligning the seal and plastic clips should just pop on (may need a firm push). Do up star screws and you are ready to reconnect the pipes and electrics.
I use some tissue paper to check for any leaks around the pipes just to be sure!
Another point to note is that you can insert a simple non-return valve into the pipe near the shower to stop the water coming back up; however this is not addressing the root cause.
Hope this helps - if so, please leave feedback. If not let me know and I'll try and help some more!
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
SOURCE: Hi, I have a sanicompact 43.
Use 5 minute epoxy or puddy epoxy to seal the leak after drying it if there is a crack.
If the leak is at a gasket or seal, then try to tighten or remove and replace the defective part.
Posted on Oct 12, 2010
SOURCE: The SaniPlus toilet was just
There could be a blockage somewhere in the drain pipe or inside the pump casing not allowing the waste to be pumped out. Refer to the installation manual/technical data manual and take a look at the schematic diagram for the Saniplus, It will show every component inside the pump casing, the short discharge pipe (# 7c) and long elbow (# 8) may be split open or not attached properly and waste water is just cycling inside the pump casing and not pumping out.
Posted on Jan 11, 2011
SOURCE: I have a wc from
Well the rough-in of the wc is the measurement from the wall to the center of the drain opening take that measurement and go to your local plumbing warehouse and ask them to look up any and all wc with that rough-in and pick one you like. If there are non you like or there is non with that rough-in then I see no other way then to move the drain to fit the one you like.
There are some offset closet collars out there but if you are working a cement for it would be just as easy to move the drain.
Posted on Feb 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2015 | Heating & Cooling
Jun 09, 2014 | Haier xqg65-11su washer dryer combo...
Jul 13, 2011 | Elite Saniflo SaniCompact- SaniCompact One...
May 21, 2010 | Carrier 38CKC036 Air Conditioner
Apr 12, 2010 | Saniflo Sanicompact Elite - One Piece...
Aug 21, 2009 | Refrigerators
Aug 16, 2009 | Washing Machines
Jan 25, 2008 | Heating & Cooling
359 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: