Question about Washing Machines
Water coming out of the top of the water fill valve,at the first water outlet past intake valves
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Overflowing washing machine
check the pressure switch . its circluar in shape with 6/8 wires attached, and a small nipple with a 10mm pipe attached. as the water rises in the drum air is pushed up thru this pipe which when working ok , eventually pushes against a switch .hence its name. so, if there is damage to this pipe( maybe rubbing against the drum) the passage of air escapes before reaching the switch. if the pipe is ok then check the switch by blowing up the pipe (with the power off ) and u should hear a small click inside the switch. if not replace
Posted on Feb 07, 2008
To get into the machine read THIS first.After you have accessed the innards then you can easily remove and check the water valve. . Hook the water up to the valve. Get a suicide cord and apply 120 vac to each of the coils and see if they open.
Posted on Jan 21, 2009
you can swap the hot and cold valves over and see if this fixes the problem as it sound like your cold valve is faulty but not the hot valve.
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
Whirlpool, Kitchen Aid, Kenmore, Roper, Estate, after 1985
• The valve will be mounted to the back of the washer with two screws. However, you must remove the valve from inside the washing machine, and this requires you remove the entire washer cabinet, which consists of the top, front and sides.
• Remove the two screws in the lower corners of the control panel.
• Lift the control panel up high enough so it stays up and back.
• Disconnect the wire harness connector.
• Using a flathead screwdriver, snap out the two gold-colored spring clips at the top of the cabinet on the left and right sides.
• The cabinet will now lift up at the back. Pull the cabinet up 10-12 inches and then slide it forward 2 inches.
• Remove the cabinet completely and set it aside.
• The valve will be on the right side of the washer at the back. It’s the device to which the water fill hoses are attached.
• Label the wires from the valve and remove them.
• Remove the water feed tube(s) from the valve.
• Remove the screws holding the valve to the back panel.
• Install the new valve in the reverse order.
• Reinstall the cabinet. (Note: As you follow this procedure, do not force the cabinet in any way. When done properly, the cabinet will go back together very smoothly.) First, tilt the cabinet toward you 10-12 inches while you “walk” the cabinet back onto the lower frame of the washer. (This will be easier if you have the washer lid open so you can see inside the cabinet at the same time.) The front edge of the cabinet slides underneath the base frame, and the sides of the cabinet rest on top of the base frame.
• When the cabinet is resting on the frame squarely, check to be sure the back of the washer is aligned with the cabinet. There are two plastic strips attached to the back of the washer that must line up with the sides of the cabinet as you set the cabinet down.
• Reinstall the two spring clips at the top.
• Reattach the wire harness connector.
• Rotate the control panel back down and reinstall the two screws.
• Flush out the water fill hoses.
• Reattach the water lines.
• Turn on the water.
• Check for and correct any leaks.
• Restore power and test.
Hope this helped you and best wishes.
Posted on Jul 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 15, 2016 | Bosch Washing Machines
May 01, 2015 | Washing Machines
Aug 25, 2012 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Aug 21, 2011 | LG WM2487H Front Load Washer
Jan 25, 2011 | Maytag MAV3855A Top Load Washer
Jan 07, 2011 | GE Profile WPRE6150K Top Load Washer
Mar 21, 2009 | Pegasus Technologies Pegasus Toilet Paper...
Nov 30, 2007 | Zanussi FJS1225W Front Load Washer
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!