Question about Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
The Wireless Security is as follows:
1. Pick a name, phrase, that you'll remember. for myself I use Jason and the Star Commanders - and I will cycle the words around on a monthly/bi-monthly basis depending upon systems connecting.
The KEY that can be delivered to you is going to be either 64 or 128 bit encryption. The longer the word (multiple words work very nicely) the better the encryption (the more unbreakeable).
Most public & private systems use this method, they just don't tell you. One of my all time favorites is Bazooka (after the bubble gum!)
2. Enter this Phrase into : PASS PHRASE and the web interface will create a WEP Key for you. Copy this KEY down and bring it to the PC/Laptop that you wish to wirelessly connect.
* Ok, I admit, I am not giving you the exact steps due to the nature of this website.
3. Enable WEP access, as well as your SSID (other screen), fix the data rate for AUTO or 6Mb, etc. Channels are only used if you are dealing with multiple routers with the same SSID.
4. Upon initial connection to wireless device (laptop, desktop, etc) you will need to enter the KEY (and possibly confirm) upon connecting - it is not case sensitive, but as a standard, just enter in lower case.
If you need further assistance, or a clearer walkthrough the process, please do not hesitate to call 906-495-1707, generally available till midnight eastern time.
Posted on Jan 13, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2011 | Schlage BE365-CAM BE365CAM716 Aged Bronze...
From the center screen, select your encryption type from under the Security Options heading.
Mar 27, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Feb 23, 2011 | Nintendo Dsi Pink Console
Jul 28, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Oct 17, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 06, 2009 | Gateway Belkin 54g Wireless DSL/Cable...
Oct 01, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Apr 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 09, 2009 | Draytek Vigor 2600We (Vigor2600WE)...
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!