Question about Computers & Internet
Long story. Recently moved my PC and hooked it up to my Sony strdh520 receiver of which I also have an xbox, ps3 and HD satellite All audio and video work fine with those. My computer howecer only my video works. It runs windows XP, Realtek HD which has been enabled. My video card is a nvidia geforce gtx 460. I've spend 5 hours, enableing and disabling audio drivers. Most recently I had disabled all audio devices and restarting the computer to try to force the audio to come out the HDMI. Ive also went the the BIOS on startup, that was no help. Please, any other ideas?
Same here... I just bought an external audio plug (Both male ends) and attach it on the computer...
Posted on Dec 11, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Gateway 450rog Audio problem
I have just re-imaged a Gateway 450 ROG for a friend of mine on the website the audio driver is found (http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/search.asp?st=pn¶m=3501353) under the heading Sound Downloads. This unzips a list of files C:\cabs\9520522
stac97(control panel extension)
stac97 (setup information)
1. From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance.
3. In Performance and Maintenance, click the System icon.
4. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
5. In Device Manager, click the plus sign (+) next to Other Devices, and then double-click Multimedia Audio Controller.
6. In the Multimedia Audio Controller Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver.
7. In the Hardware Update Wizard dialog box, click Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), and then click Next.
8. In the next dialog box, click Search for the best driver in these locations, and then click Include this location in the search.
9. In the text box, type: C:\CABS\9520522. Click Next.
10. Click Finish.
Now once installed sound only comes from using the headphone jack, the external speakers get a little sound if the volume is turned up to maximum.
Hope this helps
Orvell Tucker Jr.
Posted on Jul 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2015 | Sony STR-DH520 A/V Receiver
Apr 15, 2014 | Sony STR-DH520 Receiver,7.1Ch,3D,100WCh,...
Nov 07, 2013 | Sony STRDH520
Aug 02, 2017 | JVC HD-52Z575 52" Rear Projection...
Oct 07, 2012 | Sony STRDH520
Sep 25, 2012 | Sony STRDH520
Jun 27, 2011 | Sony STRDH520
Jun 11, 2011 | Sony STRDH520
Nov 16, 2009 | Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21ECEK Notebook
Feb 25, 2009 | Sony KDL-26U2000 26 in. LCD Television
56 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: