- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
reset the router buy holding the rest button down for 10 seconds once all the lights start to blink leave it for 20 seconds or more so the lights get stable and then use the default user id admin and password admin Don t forget to say thanks admin
Unplug router for 10 seconds and reconnect. This will stop the static charge buildup that happens frequently with routers. If needed, set up a wireless network using the network wizard and set all settings to automatic.
The first router must the root AP and the second should be set to Wireless Repeater. Follow the steps on how to resolve this setup.
1. Get the Wireless MAC Address of the main router. The router has two MAC addresses, one is wired and 1 is wireless. To determine the wireless MAC address, go to Status page of the router, there's a sub tab there for wireless and you'll see the Wireless MAC Address. Take note of it.
2. Access the setup page of the 2nd router. Change the LAN IP address to 192.168.0.2 then save. Power cycle it by just turning it off for 10 seconds then turn it back on. You can now change it to Wireless Repeater and there's an option for you to type the Wireless MAC address of the main AP. Make sure all wireless settings are the same on both routers like SSID, Channel and Encryption Key. Save your changes after that.
3. From your computer, try to ping the 2nd AP which is 192.168.0.2. If it replied back, you're all set.
Please look on the back of the router for a small reset button - Press this with a pin or something small and hold it for a few seconds. Then check your router manual or a sticker on the bottom of the router to use the default password for your router
Note: You will have to reconfigure any settings you changed ie port forwarding
I can definitely help you on this, however, this would require us follow a few troubleshooting steps which cannot be dictated here. So, I would request you to initiate a chat session with me from the fixya homepage and we would carry on from there.