Xbox 360 not powering up at all. power supply light blinks orange
An orange light is illuminated on the power supply for one of the following reasons:
* The console is turned off.
* The power supply is disconnected from the console.
* The power supply cord is not fully inserted into the power socket of the console.
* The power supply is faulty.
* The console is faulty. (The console might be faulty if it does not turn on when the power supply light is orange.)
The power supply has several built-in safeguards to help prevent damage to either your Xbox 360 console or the power supply itself. The power supply will automatically turn off if either the current flow, the voltage, or the temperature is too high. When the power supply turns off for any of these reasons, the light on the power supply will turn from green (normal) to orange or to red, or the light will turn off. When the power supply light is green, the power supply is working correctly. What you are experiencing is an over heating issue, that may have damaged the supply.
With that being said, i would try to reset the supply by disconnecting the unit from the console, and unplugging the power supply unit from the wall socket for 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes have passed, reconnect the unit to the console, and plug the power supply into the wall socket. If the console dose not power up, and the supply unit is still showing an orange illuminated operating light, this will confirm that the power supply unit will need to be replaced. Contact Microsoft for the correct replacement parts needed(power supply unit)
TIPS FOR PREVENTING OVERHEATING ISSUES
* Do not block any ventilation openings in the power supply.
* Do not put the power supply on a bed, on a sofa, or on any other soft surface that might block ventilation openings.
* Do not put the power supply in a confined space, such as a bookcase, a rack, or a stereo cabinet, unless the space is well ventilated.
* Do not put the power supply on a stereo speaker, an amplifier, or a heat source such as a radiator or a heat register.
* Do not use an unlicensed accessory, such as a replacement power supply that was not manufactured by Microsoft, or any accessory that plugs in between the Xbox 360 console and the power supply.
* Plug the power supply directly into a working wall outlet. You may have problems with the power supply if you use an extension cord or a power strip if the extension cord or the power strip is faulty or cannot supply the required power to the console.
* If you are not sure about the reliability of an AC power outlet, power circuit, or power cabling, do not use it. Contact an electrician.
Oct 26, 2009 |
Microsoft Xbox 360 Console