My husband flattern his computer due to a problem, but cannot find the installation cd rom to reinstall the printer. Any ideas or tips on how to reinstall an epson stylus photo r300 withour a disk or manual???
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: no disk to reinstall printer
If it's a PC, you should be able to just plug it in and windows will detect it. If not, go to Control Panel, Add Printers and then choose it from the list. If it asks for the drivers, you can download them at http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/SupportIndex.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
By installation Disk do you mean the CD/DVD-ROM? If yes
Check to see if the drive's LED flashes when the system is trying to boot. If it doesn't, open the system and make sure all the cables to the CD/DVD- ROM is properly connected and to the right slots. If the cables are properly connect and the CD/DVD- ROM is still not working replace the CD/DVD-ROM.
However, if its that the system could not install a particular program, make sure the installation files are complete and try again. If its a downloaded program, verify the completeness of the file downloaded and try reinstalling the program.
- If you have spare PC, you may copy the content of the CD to a USB disk and install from the USB disk on the laptop
- Or you may just insert the CD on another computer on the network and share the CD-ROM drive by going to My Computer-Right Click on the CD Drive and click share. Now on your laptop go to My Network Places (usually on Control Panel) where you can see the shared CD drive from your other machine.
- Or if your laptop has internet access, visit Brother website and type your printer model to download the driver installer on your laptop machine.
If you connect and turn on the printer then turn on your computer it should start the found new hardware wizard. don't do anything until or IF it asks you to install the disc, the make sure you direct it to find the files under the correct drive letter which is usually "D" or "E" .Good luck, .Dana
how do i install my printer onto my new computer if i lost the installation disk or cd rom? I've lost the installation disk for mu Canon PIXMA iP4000. How can I download for free to reinstall? Thanks.....George
download the whole mfl-pro suite drivers at www.brother.com choose your country and your dcp. After downloading install. You cant run paperport due to the fact that it is part of the cd. But all needed drivers will be installed..
I just read on another website that the program "Pinnacle CD/DVD Suite" is the problem. It gets installed along with Wordperfect and it needs to be un-installed. I had the same problem with the 2 pop-ups and then when I tried to put in a cd with pictures on it, my computer crashed. I have just un-installed the Pinnacle CD/DVD Suite on my computer and the messages are gone and I can run cd's again!!