Question about Singer Sewing Machines
I am sewing on multiple layers of fleece...the stitches are skipping or just not sewing and the thread is breaking. As long as its too layers it does ok but when its four (which pattern calls for) I experience this problem
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: skip stitch
The three most obvious causes (other than that of the machine possibly being slightly out of time) are:
1) Too small of a needle size - increase the size.
2) A needle that has a flaw / defect - change the needle.
3) Needle not inserted correctly, either not pushed all the way up into the needle bar, or not installed facing the correct place. On this machine, the small "scarf" in the needle (an indent just above the eye) shouldface the right side of the machine.
Posted on May 07, 2009
SOURCE: need sewing machince help????
breaking thread and thread below not hook up by upper thrread, this is due on not properly set up of thread tension,first check bobbins winding see figure.the threads should
be counter clockwise.
the theading on upper set up should prorerly inserted follow figures.
the dial set up tension should start at #3 to # 5
the stitch tension should be set to # 8 to # 12
use trial run for fabrics,diffferent set up in every fabric tru to study before sewing in other fabrics.have a nice day don't forget to rate me.thank s a lot
Posted on May 17, 2009
Sounds like the loopers are slightly out of line or the needle bar is twisted. Unfortunately these adjustments are not easily made. Suggest you take it to an authorized husqvarna viking dealer for service. You can locate a dealer near you by visiting the husqvarna viking website and clicking on the Dealer link on the left-hand side of the page - http://www.husqvarnaviking.com
Posted on Feb 14, 2010
SOURCE: thread breaks and skips stitches
Open the needle plate, remove the bobbin and bobbin case.....refer to your manual.
Clean away lint and threads.
Thread with the presser foot up.
If this continues, take the machine and samples of the mis-stitching in for service. It could be the timing needs to be adjusted by a professional.
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
Here are a few things to try.
* Raise your feed dogs if your machine has this feature.
* When you start to sew a seam, hold the upper and bobbin thread tails. Hold them back and out of the way as you sew your first couple of stitches. This will keep them from getting caught in your machine.
* Your fabric may require a different needle. Generally, heavier fabrics require larger needles and thinner fabrics, smaller needles. You may also need a larger needle if you're sewing through many layers of fabric. And make sure to use a ballpoint needle for knit fabrics and a sharp needle for woven (or a universal needle for either). And make sure your needle is appropriate for the type of thread you're using.
* Adjust the pressure of your pressure foot, it may be too light for your fabric.
* If your upper thread and bobbin threads are different types, try using the same thread for both. And use a good quality, brand name thread.
* Change your needle plate. Try switching to a needle plate with a smaller hole (a straight stitch needle plate).
Important Note: If you change your needle plate, check to make sure your needle aligns perfectly with this smaller hole before starting to sew. A misaligned needle could hit the plate and break, which could be dangerous. And make sure to change your needle plate back for zigzag and other wide stitches.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2017 | Sewing Machines
May 17, 2016 | Singer Sewing Machines
Oct 09, 2015 | Singer Sewing Machines
Oct 06, 2014 | Singer 3270 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Nov 19, 2013 | Singer 7256 Fashion Mate Sewing Machine
Sep 11, 2012 | Singer Sewing Machines
Mar 29, 2012 | Sewing Machines
Oct 16, 2009 | Singer 132QRFB Mechanical Sewing Machine
Jul 31, 2009 | Janome 1017 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Aug 09, 2008 | Singer 7462 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Sep 14, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: