Trying to open html documents from frontpage and although it allows me to select a file to open it doesn't actually open it. Was working before but stopped. uninstalled and reinstalled. Properly registered.
Also won't let me create any new files.
I'm really at a loss with this one, any help would be appreciated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi..seems you are trying to edit SharePoint Portal sites using frontpage...open the same using sharepoint designer and with proper administrator credentials..(usually it prompts when you connect to server using a client machine)...All changes done to the application files are then committed on the server- end and will work absolutey fine../
* If you have WP, open it in that, save it as an RTF file & then open it in Word.
* I assume you downloaded the appropriate import filter or filter pack from the MS site. Did you install it? IIRC you need to double click on the file you downloaded so that the filters get installed.
* Assuming the "recover text" filter was installed when Office was installed, open the WPS file using that - you will lose most, if not all, formatting but you should get all the actual text.
If none of these work, perhaps because the appropriate filters aren't there and, for whatever reason, you can't install them, take the disc to an Internet cafe. See if they have a PC with the right filter(s) on or are willing to install them for you.