Trying to open html documents from frontpage and although it allows me to select a file to open it doesn't actually open it. Was working before but stopped. uninstalled and reinstalled. Properly registered.
Also won't let me create any new files.
I'm really at a loss with this one, any help would be appreciated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Create a folder to save all the items website, including AVI file. Now generate HTML using an application such as FrontPage and Name your file Desktop.htm. Avi file to include page. The video file will play once To this, add the text loop = "infinite" after "FileOpen". Width and height parameters must match the screen or AVI will not fit properly. If you run your View 800x600, 1024x768 and so on, change the two figures, respectively. Save your changes and close both Desktop.htm and FrontPage . Now right-click the desktop and select Properties. Click> Customize Desktop Desktop Web New Browse. Search Desktop.htm file and click Open OK. Below is a list of web pages, the file is selected. Click OK, then Apply, then OK again to finish.
<grin> Had this problem years ago and it really frustrated me.
- Open the Control Panel
- Open Folder Options
Click on File Associations tab
Go down to the .doc extension listing and . . . change it to Word or WordPad if you don't have MS Word installed.
* If you have WP, open it in that, save it as an RTF file & then open it in Word.
* I assume you downloaded the appropriate import filter or filter pack from the MS site. Did you install it? IIRC you need to double click on the file you downloaded so that the filters get installed.
* Assuming the "recover text" filter was installed when Office was installed, open the WPS file using that - you will lose most, if not all, formatting but you should get all the actual text.
If none of these work, perhaps because the appropriate filters aren't there and, for whatever reason, you can't install them, take the disc to an Internet cafe. See if they have a PC with the right filter(s) on or are willing to install them for you.