My alarms and notifications don't work. I never get notified of meetings, reminders, alarms, etc. When I turn the phone off and back on, it freaks out and for 2+ minutes all of the missed alarms and notifications go off (audibly - not on the screen). I've read that it is a problem with the operating system and that downloading the most current Windows mobile should solve it. I have tried that. It works for a week or two, but then I'm back to not getting the notifications/alarms. I have Microsoft Windows Mobile Version 5.0 OS 5.1.195 (Build 149184.108.40.206). Please help!! I am tired of missing meeting, appointments and over sleeping!!! Thanks!
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Notifications and Alarms done work.
It seems to still be an unsolved problem as yet in windows mobile.
The solution appears to be to download an independent alarm etc program such as;
Which you can get on a free trial,
Which is free.
Hope this helps :)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
From what I have already experienced so far, some WM6 builds seem to be prone to have their notifications queue messed up.
Google for 'checknotifications_arm.cab', intall it on your device, and tap on 'Options > Settings...', tick both checkboxes there. Tap ok,' and 'Clear', at the top of the application's screen. Your notifications queue will be free of garbage, now.
Then, go to your Calendar application, choose a day which has the next events with notifications (reminders), Edit each one of them twice: one to delete the Reminder settings, and another one to reset them (you'll notice that at the 2nd edititing action for each event, the Reminder settings will be shown as they were, prior to their deletion - less work to be done!). This will set Calendar entries in the notifications queue.
Your reminders should work from now on.
Hope you are able to sort your problems out.
What settings in alarm do you need to set? In case you want to set the alarm time, tap Start >> Settings. Go to System tab and open Click and Alarms, tap on Alarms tap at the bottom and you may set the alarms from there. In order to set the alarm tone, tap Start >> Settings. Open Sounds and Notifications in Personal tab, make sure that the checkbox for Programs and Notifications is checked. Now go to Notifications tab, in the event select Reminders and you may configure the alarm behavior and ring tone in there.
Hi. First of all, I think the hard reset is not the first solution, but it's the last and the absolute solution. But in case if it is needed you can perform it by: The phone buttons + reset & power = hard reset.Firstly, tap the Start and the Settings. There, find the Sounds & Notifications. Ensure that the first 3 of the checkboxes are checked. And select the second tab to configure your notification sounds and vibration settings. After you've done these, you can try to set an alarm and check if your PDA notifies you. If not, you can also give a try to this free alarm application (http://www.ageye.de/download/galarm.cab) for your PDA. If none of these work, you can try to hard reset your device, but you should backup all your data before a hard reset since all the data will be lost after a hard reset. Hope this helps.
My O2 Xda II (mini), I want to give in sevice because it has a lot of problems, sometimes it works sometimes blutooth is not working, some time other problem are facing to me ,, Plz tell me address of nearest service centre in delhi for for Shahadra Seelampur Area in my e-mail address- email@example.com
I'm not sure of the HX4705's capabilities to sound multiple alarms, but I have downloaded a free alarm program called Wolfclock to my iPaq rz3715 which I use for the exact same reasons (meetings, wake up, take medication...)
Try this link:
I may be off base but might the problem be as simple as the frequency being set for the alarm. What I mean to say is, might the default reminder time for the alarm be set to such a low setting like sec's or minutes leaving the unit to repeat the alarm rapidly prior to your being able to dismiss/snooze.
To set an alarm for an event:
1. Create a new event or double-click an existing event.
2. In the New/Edit Event dialog box, select the Alarm check box.
3. Click the time interval selector and select Minutes, Hours, or Days.
4. Type a number between 0 and 99 in the Time Measurement box.
5. Click OK.
To set a default alarm for all new events:
1. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the Date Book tab.
3. Select the Alarm Preset check box.
4. Click the time interval selector and select Minutes, Hours, or Days.
5. Type a number between 0 and 99 in the Time Measurement box.
6. Click OK.
Setting Alarm Options
You can configure the Alarm Manager settings for the Desktop application in the Alarm tab of the Options dialog box.
To set Alarm options:
1. From the Tools menu, choose Options.
2. In the Options dialog box, click the Alarms tab and click one of the following actions:
* Always available: Click this option if you want alarm notifications to appear regardless of whether the Desktop application is running.
* Available only when Palm Desktop is running: Click this option if you want alarm notifications to appear only when the Desktop application is running.
* Disabled: Click this option if you do not want alarm notifications to appear on your computer.
3. If you want an alarm tone to sound when the alarm notification message appears, click Play audible notification with alarm dialog.
4. Click OK.