When you delete a contact from your Messenger List, he can still see you
when you are online so he can still send you a message, because your id
is still on his Messenger list. You need to put him in your Ignore List
so he cannot send you IMs anymore.
You need to delete the name/id of the contact before blocking him....so
jot down the name/id first before you delete (because you'll need it as
we go along with the blocking process).
Do a stealth on him too so he can't see you whenever you are on "available" status.
Here's how you stealth him --
On your YM, click Actions > Send an Instant Message > Other Contact......type in his id > OK
(an IM window opens. Do not type anything....you are not IMng him)
On the IM window, click Actions > Contact Options > Stealth Settings...select "Appear Permanently offline to xxxxx".
Close IM window.
Having done that, right click the id and click "Delete".
Now, you are going to "block" or add him to your "Ignore List".
Here's how to do it..
1. Click the "Messenger" menu in Yahoo! Messenger and select "Preferences."
2. Click the "Ignore List" category.
3. Select the option labeled "Ignore only the people below."
4. Click the "Add" button.
5. Enter the Yahoo ID of the contact you want to ignore.
6. Click the "Ignore" button.
7. Click "OK" at the bottom of the window.
Nov 18, 2010 |