Question about Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Digital Camera
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Supported windows Operating system
Windows 98 Second edition(SE)
Windows 2000 Service pack 4
Windows XP SP 1 and SP 2 Canon PowerShot A430 has no update about the new driver software for windows 7 Try doing this direct transfer in your computer 1. Connect the camera to your computer using the supplied USB cable of your camera. 2. Set the mode dial to (playback) and turn on the power.
The camera and computer will be able to communicate. 3. If there is no pop up window that has Canon CameraWindow, Click the [Start] menu and select [all Programs] or [Programs]. followed by [Canon Utilities], [Camera Window], [PowerShot-IXY-IXUS-DV 6] and [CameraWindow] 4. Download the images.
* Download the images using the camera or the computer.
* By default, the downloaded images are saved into the [My Pictures] folder. ** If the above process does not work you can just use the memory card of your camera and connect that on your laptop. (some laptop has built in card reader) The memory card works like a flash drive and you can just transfer files like transferring from one folder to another. ** Issue on the operating system compatibility.
Posted on Apr 14, 2010
SOURCE: Unable to download through usb
I had the same problem and realized that my computer wasn't recognizing my camera. I went through my device manager and looked under portable devices, I could see that my camera had an error in its driver, so I right clicked on my camera and uninstalled the driver for my camera, and unplugged and plugged my camera back in. It instantly recognized my camera and reinstalled the driver.
Posted on Jan 13, 2008
SOURCE: Canon PowerShot SX100 is : Need
Here are the steps to take.
1. Establish whether or not you have a connection between your camera/computer by going to your start button, control panel, system, hardware tab and device manager. The camera must be powered on and in playback mode (should automatically go to playback mode when connected, camera's screen should go black if there is a connection). Make sure you have a fully or nearly fully charged battery in your camera.
2. Once in device manager, look under Imaging Devices. If your camera is properly connected it should show up as Canon Powershot SD800. If it shows a yellow exclamation point, there is a driver issue, and even if it doesn't show a yellow exclamation point, you may want to update your driver anyway by right clicking and having the system search automatically for driver updates. If download of driver begins, great...once finished, restart camera and your problem may be resolved.
3. If there are any other imaging devices, you may have to temporarily disable them to avoid conflicts.
4. If you have any other imaging software running, exit or close the program in your system tray (down by your clock in the right hand corner of your computer's desktop.
5. Try again to connect.
6. If you are on a desktop, try a rear usb port vs. a front port. You can also try a different port on a laptop. After each change, try restarting camera to establish connection.
7. Go to start/My Computer and look for the icon for your camera...you will be able to download images even without Canon software loaded onto computer so this is not a software issue if you have no hardware connection. If you see the icon, right click on it and choose Get or Import pictures. From there the default Microsoft scanner and camera wizard should launch and you will be able to import your images.
8. If still no connection, try going to Start/Run and type in services.msc here you are looking for 4 services to be running. Check under status of each service and make sure it reads that each of these services are started.
If all of these steps fail, try purchasing an SD card reader from your local electronics store for around $12 and download images from there. Canon also offers lifetime technical support for your Powershot, so give them a call if none of these steps work or if you would like someone to walk you through it.
Best of luck to you!
Posted on May 30, 2008
am not sure how offten do you used the USB but in my case I use it frecuentely I own a kodak and I have to replace the USB cord at list every 4-5 times i use it.
I recomend u to buy a new one if this works the problem was in your old cord but if this wont work either you can returne the USB cord, its only to see if your old cord is the problem wish am 99.99% that it is .
Your rating and VOTE is very important to me....
I hope this information was helpful?
I like to tank you for the oportunity you give me to serve you .
please if you have any question or concer please e-mail me, I will be more then happy to assist you.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2015 | Canon Cameras
Aug 22, 2014 | Canon Digital Camera PowerShot SX20IS...
Dec 08, 2012 | Canon PowerShot A470 Digital Camera
Sep 23, 2012 | Canon Powershot G12 10 Megapixel-5x...
Mar 16, 2012 | Canon PowerShot SD780 IS / IXUS 100 IS...
Sep 14, 2011 | Canon PowerShot A3100 IS Digital Camera
Apr 21, 2011 | Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Digital Camera
Dec 16, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Digital Camera
Feb 02, 2010 | Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Digital Camera
Jul 08, 2009 | Canon PowerShot A590 IS Digital Camera
Feb 06, 2014 | Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Digital Camera
193 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: