Question about Dacor Millennia ETT365 Electric Cooktop
Dacor ETT365 Touchtop - Top right burner does not heat up. There is no response from the touch sensor when trying to to turn it on. The up and down sensors beep when touched but of course have no effect sicne there is no heat. My wife says that the other lights on the touch top have been turning on and off and flashing erratically from time to time but I have not seen this myself. Any suggestions on a fix? How can I lift the top to check for loose connections?
Your units connections are slowly becoming comprimised. Before our unit went out completely, it went through this phase. A cleaning should fix it.
1. After the unit has cooled down, with all of the 'reminder' lights off. Turn off the main power at the fuse box. You NEVER want to work with an electrical appliance's innards with power being supplied to it.
2. Remove the unit from the countertop. Turn it over and rotate it if needed so that the power supply is not tightly pulling it. Remove the two screws holding the clamp on the power supply wiring.
3. Remove the screws holding the two different boxes together, and the screws holding the main box to the unit. Lift up the two pieces separately, careful not to yank them apart.
4. Remove the ribbon connector from the green computer board. Open the teeth on both sides of the pin and remove it.
5. Using needle-nosed pliers, squeeze on the white plastic posts holding down the upper board. Lift the corners of the board up gently, working with one at a time. Gently remove the board.
6. Look for corrosion or contaminants. Spray the entire lower board clean with compressed air. Spray the entire upper computer board clean with compressed air. Gently replace the upper board onto the 4 white plastic posts.
7. Spray the end of the ribbon connector, then replace it into the upper board. Remove the other end from the main board and spray it before replacing it.
8. Gently touch all the connections, looking for any that have loose contacts. Do not pull on any wires. Spray the entire board, and the adjacent fan, with compressed air.
9. Reassemble the protective coverings and then the power supply clamp.
10. Return cooktop to normal position in counter.
11. Restore main power at the fuse box. The unit should send a series of lights through every bulb, TWICE. If this was the solution to your problem, it is now fixed. :-)
Posted on Jul 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 28, 2012 | Dacor Millennia ETT365 Electric Cooktop
Apr 01, 2012 | Dacor Cooktops
Dec 15, 2010 | Dacor Millennia ETT304 Electric Cooktop
Oct 14, 2010 | Dacor Millennia ETT365 Electric Cooktop
May 29, 2010 | Dacor Preference SGM365 Gas Cooktop
Jan 09, 2010 | Dacor Millennia ETT365 Electric Cooktop
Nov 09, 2009 | Dacor Preference SGM365 Gas Cooktop
May 27, 2008 | Dacor Preference SGM304 Gas Cooktop
Oct 12, 2006 | Dacor Preference SGM466SS Gas Cooktop
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!