- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try removing the battery and see if you have any issue just using the power cord. The laptop may be detecting issues with the battery causing it to malfunction. If that is the case just replace the battery with an OEM (original manufacturers) part.
it is very difficult to say answer without seeing your laptop for your case. do one thing try to run the diagnostic from your dell driver & diagnostic cd. it will say you the hardware problem, otherwise keep your laptop on in bios mode, if it is running more than one hour there then it is the operating system (virus) problem, format the laptop. if still you facing the problem then you need to change *********** board
It sounds like you have a bad power supply (power cord). If you already know someone that can charge your battery, check if their power supply will fit. It probably will. Make sure the plugs (into the laptop) are the same, and make sure the output voltage is the same on both power supplies.
1. remove all external peripherals
2. try to use ac adapter alone check if laptop will power on.
3. put back batt in with ac adapter.
4. check bios (power on laptop keep tap on F2)
5. check for the bios version, battery info and battery health.
6. check if batt is 0% or 10% charge
7. check battery health and info if the ac adapter is determine or not. also check if batt is performing normally.
8. if batt has 10% charge then download the latest bios for your system. download it from support.dell.com
remove battery check if laptop works fine with ac adapter, if not then download the latest bios version first if fails then replace ac adapter. If laptop works fine with ac adapter. but cannot work with battery alone, download the latest bios then charge the battery for 6 hrs. if still batt not charging then replace batt. but as you mentioned you already replaced the batt and your still getting the same issue. replace motherboard.