Question about NetGear DG834G Router
Hi Guest….not sure why this issue is occurring, but this is what I would do:
1. Connect to router via Ethernet cable (not wireless)
2. Try 1234 instead of password
3. Ensure caps lock is off (OK, it’s an old one, but it can happen)
4. If the router came from your ISP, check their website – sometimes they install their own firmware and default password (eg, UK Sky users - try password sky)
5. Reboot your router, then see if it accepts the defaults
6. If you bought the router new, it's fresh out of the box, and you’re setting it up – and the defaults don’t work - contact Netgear
7. If anyone else set up the router, or you bought it second-hand, or you think the password has changed and you don't know the new password- it’s time to consider a hard reset.
This is a last resort, as it will clear all settings and cut off your internet connection, until you set up the router again. A hard reset is only recommended for experienced users (ie if you set up your own router in the first place). However, if this doesn’t restore defaults either, contact Netgear.
Good luck whatever you decide to do.
Posted on Jan 16, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 28, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Oct 10, 2011 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 23, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jul 29, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER iR C2880 Color Copier
Jul 29, 2010 | Hawking Computers & Internet
May 19, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5315 Notebook
Mar 14, 2009 | HP iPAQ HX2400 Pocket PC
125 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!