Question about RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
You have to reinstall the OS!
. Goto http://www.blackberry.com/support/index.shtml
2. Under the heading "downloads" select "service packs"
3. Select "Blackberry Desktop Software 4.1" in the pulldown menu
4. Choose service pack 1 (English) or service pack 1 (multilingual) if required
5. Now download this to your pc and run the installation
Now you need to download the firmware upgrade to support your handset.
Select your network from the list below to be taken to their firmware page then choose the newest firmware version for your model :
Nextel : Downloads Page Verizon Broadband Access 4.0.2 : Downloads Page Telus : Downloads Page Orange : Downloads Page Bell Mobility : Downloads Page Vodafone UK : Downloads Page Sprint : Downloads Page Vodafone Ireland : Downloads Page Verizon : Downloads Page Vodafone Australia & Fiji : Downloads Page Cingular / AT&T : Downloads Page Vodafone New Zealand : Downloads Page T-Mobile : Downloads Page Cable and Wireless : Downloads Page Rogers : Downloads Page Dobson Cellular / Cellular One : Downloads Page Telstra Australia : Downloads Page SunCom Wireless : Downloads Page Hong Kong CSL : Downloads Page Optus Mobile Pty Limited : Downloads Page Bharti Tele-Ventures Limited : Downloads Page KPN Netherlands : Downloads Page O2 Ireland : Downloads Page O2 Europe : Downloads Page
6. Start the Blacberry desktop manager and plug in your blackberry.
7. Desktop manager will prompt you that there is a new version
8. Proceed with the install
9. Make sure you select the backup option
10. Once your upgrade is complete, your Blackberry will take around 5 minutes to reboot.
11. Now you can proceed to unlock your phone
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 13, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
Sep 07, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Jan 01, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry 8700g Smartphone
Mar 15, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry 7100G Smartphone
960 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!