Question about RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
You have to reinstall the OS!
. Goto http://www.blackberry.com/support/index.shtml
2. Under the heading "downloads" select "service packs"
3. Select "Blackberry Desktop Software 4.1" in the pulldown menu
4. Choose service pack 1 (English) or service pack 1 (multilingual) if required
5. Now download this to your pc and run the installation
Now you need to download the firmware upgrade to support your handset.
Select your network from the list below to be taken to their firmware page then choose the newest firmware version for your model :
Nextel : Downloads Page Verizon Broadband Access 4.0.2 : Downloads Page Telus : Downloads Page Orange : Downloads Page Bell Mobility : Downloads Page Vodafone UK : Downloads Page Sprint : Downloads Page Vodafone Ireland : Downloads Page Verizon : Downloads Page Vodafone Australia & Fiji : Downloads Page Cingular / AT&T : Downloads Page Vodafone New Zealand : Downloads Page T-Mobile : Downloads Page Cable and Wireless : Downloads Page Rogers : Downloads Page Dobson Cellular / Cellular One : Downloads Page Telstra Australia : Downloads Page SunCom Wireless : Downloads Page Hong Kong CSL : Downloads Page Optus Mobile Pty Limited : Downloads Page Bharti Tele-Ventures Limited : Downloads Page KPN Netherlands : Downloads Page O2 Ireland : Downloads Page O2 Europe : Downloads Page
6. Start the Blacberry desktop manager and plug in your blackberry.
7. Desktop manager will prompt you that there is a new version
8. Proceed with the install
9. Make sure you select the backup option
10. Once your upgrade is complete, your Blackberry will take around 5 minutes to reboot.
11. Now you can proceed to unlock your phone
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone
Jul 21, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
May 15, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Storm 9530 Smartphone
Jan 14, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
Jan 14, 2010 | RIM BlackBerry Bold Smartphone
Sep 15, 2009 | RIM Blackberry 8110 Cellular Phone
985 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!