Question about Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load Washer
Hello, I'm not sure why but the washing machine won't start. The lights are on when the door is closed but nothing. Help!
The error message "Err" usually indicates that the wash program and option are not compatible. 40 degrees and 900 rpm Spin should be o.k.. I would try another wash program with no special options and see if the problem goes away.
Posted on Mar 07, 2008
You have probably knocked of the connector or the catch (and on these it is very fragile as I have changed the catch 3 times on mine) is broken
Posted on Jan 22, 2009
This means that the drain attached to the pump is clogged, remove the drain plug check fro debris and replace...you should be good to go.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
The steps are:
1. Open the machine door.
2. Turn the main power off and unplug the machine from the wall.
3. Completely remove the powder dispenser drawer (it will come out so far (and stop), then there is a small button at the rear of the dispenser which you need to depress to remove it fully, you'll see this button once you've withdrawn the drawer to its stop position.
5. Undo and remove the 3 x hexagonal head bolts surrounding the door seal (they are at approximately the 2, 6 and 10 o'clock positions). Note these bolts actually secure the front panel to the machine chassis, they do not retain the door seal. Don't worry the front will not drop off.
6. Now look at the aperture of the powder dispenser drawer (you have of course removed the actual drawer earlier). Locate the lower left hand corner of the aperture, and you'll see a recessed philips head screw in a hole. Undo and remove that screw.
7. You DO NOT need to tilt, or lift up the washing machine to do the next bit. Locate the underside of the front panel right at the bottom. You'll notice that it sticks out about half an inch or so and is proud of what I would call the kick plate which extends right down to the floor. You need to look on the underside of the front panel, about an inch or so in from the left hand edge. There you will see a spring loaded clip which when closed is located within a slot on the underside of the front panel. Using a flat bladed screwdriver, you need to carefully lever the spring clip open whilst gently pulling the whole front panel (from the left side) ajar. It will just suddenly pop out once you've done it.
8. Open the pump access door lower left hand side of the front panel) and unclip the drain tube from its plastic retaining clip.
9. Now carefully swing open the whole front panel, it opens like a door (hinged on the right hand side). It might be a little stiff as there are a whost of leads attached to it, but it is designed to open fully (with the leads attached) to about 90 degrees.
10. Next, unseat the rubber door seal from around the door opening area (on the chassis, not the front panel, obvioulsy), so that the seal the flops away from the chassis and lies just inside the machine.
11. You will notice that there is a thin steel band holding the door seal in place around the drum. On the right hand side (at about the 3 o'clock position), you'ss see a tensioning screw for the band. With a flat bladed screwdriver undo this completely and remove the screw (it is accessible from above with a long screwdriver). Be aware that there is 1 x washer and 1 x 'nut' type fitting that will fall out when you remove the screw. Locate these and retain them for later.
12. Now extend the steel band to its maximum opening (by moving the 2 x lugs apart where the now removed screw was).
13. You can now remove the steel band. Then pull it out through the hole/door aperture in the chassis.
14. Locate the small rubber tag at about the 12 o'clock position where the seal is attached to the drum and tug it. The seal will then come away from the drum. Remove the old seal completely.
15. Using your new seal, place this correctly around the drum (there is a lip on the seal and this has to go over the lip on the drum. Remember, the seal goes on the OUTSIDE of the drum. Ensure the 'tag' is at the 12 o'clock position.
16. Reassembly is then the reverse of removal.
17. Make sure that you do up the retaining steel band sufficiently and that you correctly locate the sela on the chassis front panel (there is a groove in the seal which will locate the seal in the aperture).
18. Finally, once you're done, put the machine through a few rinse cycles (where the water level is high) and look for leaks. If you have a leak, it is likely that your door seal has a rip/tear, or that it has not been correctly located around the drum - in which case you'll need to investigate.
Posted on Oct 18, 2009
Main wash is a fault indicator. The is a problem within the heater circuit, NTC, element, relay or loose wire. You will have to open front and check.
Remove 3 screw around dispenser and 3 10mm bolt around door. disconnect hose by drain pump and front of machine will open like a door.
Posted on Apr 01, 2010
Testimonial: "thanks, you confirmed what we sort of expected"
Tips for a great answer:
May 03, 2015 | Miele Washing Machines
Jan 22, 2015 | Miele Washing Machines
Hello zabbster - Typically the DR or DO error code indicates that the door switch is not closed. Make sure that the door lock is completely closed. If the door is closed, make sure the door latch is not broken. If the latch is broken, you may possibly need to replace the door lock switch.
Sep 25, 2012 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF7000E Front Load...
Jul 18, 2012 | Miele Washing Machines
Oct 06, 2011 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Apr 27, 2011 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Mar 06, 2011 | Miele WT945 Front Load Washer / Dryer
Nov 22, 2009 | Miele W1215
Nov 08, 2015 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Jul 23, 2014 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: