Question about Water Heaters
Serial number HPLN1209A13471
1) Look for brand name of your heater on following .pdf file:
2) Home Depot sells GE heaters made by Rheem.
I am assuming that serial number starts with 1209, and that year of manufacture is 09 for 2009.
3) These water heaters have glass vial that breaks when combustion chamber experiences overheating due to dirty combustion parts, clogged air intake, exposure to flammable vapor.
4) Water heater warranties are usually first-year: full parts, labor and tank. After first year: parts and tank but no labor.
Warranty may be pro-rated and the value diminishes as water heater ages.
5) Warranty may not apply is customer has not followed installation and maintenance as shown in product manual, such as checking anode rod, and yearly service by trained technician.
Posted on Dec 10, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a Power Star
Bosch has 10-year limited warranty.
Probably the seller honors warranty first 90 days and Bosch afterward.
I think warranty is similar to car warranty where parts are covered, and they pay for parts to patch up the blown transmission but not give you a new car. But I hear of cases where the company just send a whole new Tankless unit and you install it yourself.
Contact Home Depot and present them with receipt.
Contact Bosch with the same information given in Fixya question.
Add a comment and say why unit broke down first time, and add what resolution was reached to help others with same question.
Upvote the help.
And take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on water heater or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Jun 02, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2014 | Reliance Water Heaters
Jul 20, 2014 | Rheem Water Heaters
Jan 20, 2014 | Rheem Water Heaters
Jun 04, 2013 | Laing Thermotech Autocirc Undersink...
Oct 27, 2012 | Whirlpool 6th Sense 40-Gallon 6-Year Tall...
Jun 02, 2011 | Bosch PowerStar AE125...
Jan 21, 2011 | Rheem 40 Gallon FVR NATGAS Low WATER...
Dec 15, 2010 | RELIANCE ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
Jul 31, 2010 | Bosch & Tankless LP Hot Water Heater
May 11, 2009 | Water Heaters
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: