Question about HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
My Advent 7113 laptop has suddenly stopped working from the mains adapter. It isn't charging the battery and won't run with the battery out. I've checked the voltage from the mains adapter and it seems ok.
It is highly posible that the jack in your laptop where you plug the main dapter is making a false contcat due to a problem in the welding of its connectors to the main board or to corrosion. Check if the rentral plug is not loose or if the plugs seems to be loose when you plug it.
If it is so, you need some expert technician to solve the problem by re weilding it or replacing it.
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 22, 2012 | PC Laptops
Oct 27, 2011 | Advent Netbook
Aug 01, 2011 | Toshiba PC Laptops
Jul 09, 2011 | ASUS Eee PC 1005HAB Netbook - Intel Atom...
May 19, 2011 | Advent PC Laptops
May 13, 2011 | Samsung PC Laptops
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
Mar 12, 2011 | Advent Netbook
May 10, 2009 | PC Laptops
Apr 20, 2008 | Dell 2600 Notebook
377 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!