Question about D-Link Xtreme N Dual Band Usb Adapter (N69506)
I only get maybe 50% internet connect and im thinking maybe the other channel of the dual channel adapter might be needed but I dont know how to switch it. Im using the wireless n750 dual band router in conjunction with this unit
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
you need to isolate first which of the devices is giving you the problem.
- check first the connection from your modem by connecting a computer directly to it. check if you'll loose the connection from the modem. if so, you need to check with your internet provider if they're having maintenance from time to time since that could be the reason why the router is not providing the connection to your laptop automatically and you need to restart it to sync with the modem first.
- if you have a proper/stable connection directly from the modem, next thing to check is the connection from the router. check if your wired computers are getting the same problem. if so, you may need to check for loose/faulty cables or you may need to upgrade the firmware of your router. if the wired computers are not getting the same problem, it's time to check the wireless settings of the router.
* access the router's page by typing http://192.168.0.1 on your web browser's address bar (default username is "admin" while the default password is "password")
* go to the wireless settings page and check if the wireless name (ssid) is not the default. if it's still using the default ssid, customized it to prevent interference from other dlink network near your area
- if you have check the modem and the router, it's now time to check the wireless adapter, make sure that it is connected to your own network. if you are using it's software utility, make sure that you have created a profile using the same ssid as of your router. you can also update the driver of your wireless card if you have checked the above mentioned and you're still having the same problem
you can also try to use another wireless computer and check if it'll experience the same problem to properly isolate the if it's the router or the wireless adapter problem. you can also try to install the wireless card to another computer and check if you'll have a stable conection. if so, there could be a software (like a firewall or an antivirus software) that is giving you the problem.
hope this'll help you and just ask me if you have other concern.
Posted on Jul 02, 2008
check the firewall on your laptop sometime these block it from connecting
Posted on Aug 16, 2008
D-LINK WILL HELP YOU...
Set up your new D-Link networking hardware in minutes using our new Quick Setup Wizard. The wizard will guide you through an easy to follow process to install your new hardware and connect to your network. If you need additional help, visit D-Link’s award-winning Customer Support Web Site for answers to frequently asked questions, product downloads, and easy access to D-Link’s friendly customer support team.
Posted on Nov 27, 2008
put the one cable to wan which come from internet and you have to connect the pc or any other connection then you connect in the lan
Posted on Dec 31, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2013 | D-Link D Link Dir 825 Xtreme Dual Band...
Nov 19, 2010 | NetGear WNDR3400 N600 Wireless Dual Band...
May 22, 2009 | Gigabyte Computers & Internet
Apr 05, 2009 | NetGear WPN111 RangeMax Wireless USB 2.0...
Mar 25, 2009 | Linksys Dual-Band Wireless-N Gaming...
Nov 22, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Jul 16, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7050) 802.11a/g/b Wireless...
Jan 29, 2008 | Linksys WPC54G Wireless-G Notebook Adapter...
Apr 11, 2007 | NetGear WG111 802.11g/b Wireless Adapter
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: