Question about Acer Computers & Internet
Will not boot recovery disk one loads then gives no option to recover except exit
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It could be a hard drive crash. Can you refort the hard drive and see if you get any errors.
Check to see if you have any scratched on the CD.
Posted on Jun 22, 2008
SOURCE: zd8000 wont boot up
try to get into SAFE mode... tap F8 repeatedly when you first power on. You should get a safe mode boot menu, select last known good profile and press enter.
If this does not work reboot go into SAFE mode and select Safe Mode from menu and see if it will boot up.
You may get a pop up to use system restore, say yes, select restore to an earlier date (or similar) then use the calander to select a restore date that is PRIOR to the problem starting.
If this does not work boot to safe mode again and say NO (cancel) to use system restore and see if you can get to the desktop
post back results for further troubleshooting
Posted on Jul 16, 2008
Your hardirve is damaged or your partition is corupted to fix this problem reinstall windows and make a new paetition or check inside your computer to see if a cable from the hardrive is desconnected.
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
SOURCE: D610 DST Short Status Test Fail
It appears your hard disk has died and it may not be possible for you to retrieve your data.
Remove your hard drive from the laptop and insert it into an USB harddrive adapter, (they are not expensive and you can use it later as a external hard drive). Then plug it into the USB port of a working computer. The computer should/may see it as an external drive, if you are lucky you will be able to copy your data, if not, you are out of luck.
There are companies that can recover data from faulty hard drives, but it will cost you an arm and a leg for their service.
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
SOURCE: startup repair won't run
"Unmountable boot volume" this problem is your hard disk partition which is failure to recognize & identify the operating system running on the hard disk. Reformat your hard disk and put another operating system to run again your computer.
Posted on Jul 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2014 | Dell Vostro 3700 Laptop Computer PC...
Dec 02, 2013 | Compaq evo Computers & Internet
Jun 14, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 9300 Notebook
Jun 13, 2011 | Dell Computers & Internet
1. Make sure the computer is turned off.
2. If any peripheral devices, except the optional external CD-ROM drive unit
(CE-CD05), are connected to your computer, disconnect them.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
5. Insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 1 into the CD-ROM drive.
6. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
7. In Boot Sequence of the Main menu, set CD-ROM Drive to the top of the list;
then, press ESC.
8. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
9. Read the message on the screen, and select the operating system which you
had selected for the first time you use the computer; then, press Enter.
You cannot change the operating system from the first choice.
10. Read the message on the screen, and select the way to recover your system;
then, press Enter.
11. Read the message and select Continue; then, press Enter.
12. Read the message and select Continue again; then, press Enter.
13. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 2, remove the disk 1 and insert the disk 2; then, press Enter.
14. If you see the message asking you to insert the Product Recovery CD-ROM
disk 3, remove the disk 2 and insert the disk 3; then, press Enter.
15. If you see the message The Operating System has been recovered
successfully, remove the Product Recovery CD-ROM disk 3. The system will
16. When the message Press <F2> to enter SETUP appears, press F2. The
Setup Utility opens.
17. In the Exit menu, select Load Setup Defaults; then, press Enter twice.
18. In the Exit menu, confirm Exit Saving Changes is highlighted and press
Enter twice. The system restarts.
19. Set up Windows, following the instructions on the screen. When you finish
the setup, the recovery is completed.
Jun 02, 2011 | Sharp PC UM20 PC Notebook
Click on this link or copy and paste the complete link into your browser.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Feb 21, 2011 | HP Pavilion DV6700T Notebook
Aug 16, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6000 Notebook
Oct 07, 2008 | HP Compaq Presario v3000z Notebook
52 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: