Question about Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet Multifunction Printer
The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Subject ', Account: 'imap', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
As seen above this is what is says after I try to scan Image to send to and e-mail as an attachment. Scanner Working fine. Its just not sending. What Do I do??
Nothing to do with the scanner.. your email is not set up.. contact your internet provider to give you the outgoing and incoming servers for your email.
Posted on Jan 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 04, 2013 | Xerox WorkCentre M20i All-In-One Laser...
Type the machine ip adress on the adress bar of the machine and hit enter.
Then the machine webpage will appear
1. Click the Network Settings link, login asadmin, username is admin and password is also admin and click the Services Settings link.
2. Use the SMTP server IP addresses in the Primary andSecondary Server fields rather than the server names.
3. Verify if the mail server is using the default SMTP portof 25. If it is not, then change the Port Number to match the server. Port 587is a commonly used port if authentication is required.
4. The Reply Email Address must be a valid local emailaddress for some mail servers or messages will be discarded. If using a Reply Email Address like: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com confirm that the email address actually exists.
5. If the server is running SSL (GMail uses SSL) for bettersecurity, check the box next to Enable SSL. Click here for instructions on how to setup scan to GMail.
6. Leave the User Name and Password blank temporarily andperform the Connection Test. A successful response will verify that the serveris really a valid SMTP mail server.
The following should be performed byan I.T. person
Mail server settings
1.Createa new user account and password for the mfp on the mail server this useraccount name , the name set in the mfp
Apr 08, 2011 | Sharp MX-2700N Color Copier
2101, 2102, 2103, 2201, 2202, 2203, 3101:
The network cable is disconnected or the hub that it is connected to is not operating properly. Check the cable and the hub. Otherwise, the server name or the host name of the SMTP server is
not set correctly. Use COMMAND CENTER and register the SMTP server name and the host name
2204: The E-mail size exceeds the acceptable send data capacity. Decrease the size or resolution of the scanned data to be transmitted and resend the E-mail. 5101, 5102, 5103, 5104, 7102, 720f:
Turn the main power switch off and back on. If this error occurs several times, make a note of the displayed error code and contact your service representative.(Refer to the corrective action for the error message " An error has occurred.")
9181: The scanned original exceeds the acceptable number of pages of 999. Send the ecess pages separately.
Hope this is helpful,
Mar 11, 2011 | Kyocera Mita KM-5035 Printer
Oct 19, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Apr 14, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER C3220 Color Copier
Feb 20, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio SP C222SF All-In-One Laser...
Mar 31, 2009 | Xerox WorkCentre 4150 All-In-One Laser...
Jun 20, 2008 | Xerox WorkCentre M-24 Color Copier
Aug 15, 2007 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
351 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: