Question about Sharp R-1501 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Light under sharp built in micro wave oven will not shut off

It seems to have shorted out.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Sharp Master
  • 8,820 Answers

Sorry, but your subject line was too long and it got cut off.

I'm assuming your cooktop light blew and even though you installed a new one, it still won't come on?

We see (and repair) this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide by mail for $39.95 postpaid in about a week.

At our Web site, you can get details of our service, plus we have a video available showing how to remove a typical over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.

This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.

This can often also affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on too.

Feel free to contact me directly (and please remind me of your full model number) for more information & help.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com

Posted on Jan 12, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Try2910227 serial ywmh2205xvb-0 model arcing on the back corner were the rack sits.Is there a way to repair this seen is the unit was purchaced in June of 2011.


Yes, take the rack out and recycle it. I do not know why these micro-wave company put racks in the micro wave ovens. You get some insulation on the inside the micro flaking off next the rack.


The mega-tron tube is a very high energy transmitter. The energy will come out of the top inside the micro wave oven in a wave guide. Micro wave energy that generation by the tube is high frequency into Gega Hertz. You have a metal tray in side the micro wave acts like a big capacitor it stores energy in form of heat the next you know it look like Marconi is putting on a lighting display.



Leave the wire tie on a loft of bread and put in you micro wave oven to defrost. The next thing you might see is a load bread burning, instant toast. ----The use of micro wave were invented by the British before WWII. The mega tron tube generation very high frequency radio wave and these wave struck an object 100 miles away some of this beam energy would balance back to a receiver-----You have Radar.... I wish you and your family well being and be careful of micro wave ovens it can burn from inside out. GB you...stewbison

Aug 22, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

The micro wave is less than two months old and it over heats


Get it repaired under warranty by the manufacturers agent or the seller.

Jan 05, 2011 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Frigidaire PLMV168K2 micro wave stopped heating food. Still has turntable and light functions. Seems to have more of a power load after initial start. The buzz is more intense than normal.


A loud buzz is a symptom of a shorted magnetron or high voltage diode. Would recommend that you take it to a qualified repair facility if you want it repaired, but if the magnetron has failed, the part costs can equal that of a new oven.

Dec 06, 2010 | Frigidaire PLMV168 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Model JVM1650WH02 will shut off about 2 seconds or less into cook time. everything else works such as light and clock and sometimes the wave will cook.


magnetron is leaking internally, do not use until magnetron is replaced. the mag creates interference with the control board and resets it

Feb 05, 2010 | GE JVM1650 1000 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Oven lights, turntable turns, motor runs, NO HEAT


this sounds like either a capacitor, transformer, or magnatron. Mags unually don't go bad. Either one can go bad and blow a fuse or other safety device. If one shorts, it could burn a section of the circuit board.

I would think about calling a tech and have him diagnose the problem. Tell him you can't fix it now but will in a month or two. Have him write down the things you need so when you do want it fixed, you do not have to start all over again. Then order the parts and fix yourself.

Micro waves can be dangerous and cause burns, so if you think this is not for you, go buy a new one.

Feb 07, 2009 | Sharp R-306LK Microwave Oven

4 Answers

Instructions for Sharp R953 900wt jet convection grill microwave


i have need instruction book how i can use sharp micro wave oven r953

Dec 27, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Heard a loud glass breaking noise, now micro-wave will not heat anything. Turntable works, everything looks fine but no heating. Model#R-1505LK


Does it seems to run louder?

I would suspect a shorted high voltage rectifier diode.

We have the full service manual and have uploaded it to our site here.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you need more help.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

William E. Miller, AS-EET
prototech@usa.net
http://www.microwavedisplay.com

May 19, 2008 | Sharp Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp R-1501 Microwave Oven Logo

58 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...