Question about Dryers
My dryer was working fine, until i went dry a load this evening. i pushed the start button and nothing happened. the dryer is plugged in, no circuit is popped, and the door was fully closed.
If you have verified the voltage at the wall receptacle and at the terminal block in the back of the dryer to be 220-240VAC, you need to check the Thermal Fuse inside the dryer to determine if it is still good. On your dryer, the thermal fuse is located behind the back panel on the blower fan housing. To access, follow these steps:
1. UNPLUG the dryer before servicing. Dangerous voltages are still present inside the dryer with the unit turned off.
2. Remove the dryer vent hose from the back of the dryer.
3. Remove the back panel by loosening all screws holding the panel in place.
4. The blower fan housing will be located on the lower left-hand side (as viewed from the rear).
5. Look for a small white plastic component on the housing. This is the Thermal Fuse.
6. Remove the wire leads and perform a resistance check. If good, the fuse will read about a short (0 ohms). If bad, it must be replaced.
Illustrations of your dryer are available at searspartsdirect.com. Just type in your model number and look for item number 7 under the "Bulkhead" heading. Repairclinic.com and appliancepartspros.com are also excellent sources for finding parts.
If you have questions, or require additional assistance, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2011 | Kenmore 62602 Electric Dryer
Aug 01, 2010 | Whirlpool LER4634J Electric Dryer
Mar 21, 2009 | Whirlpool GEW9250 Electric Dryer
Jan 02, 2009 | Whirlpool LEQ9858P Electric Dryer
Dec 12, 2008 | Whirlpool LGV4634JQ Gas Dryer
Apr 26, 2017 | Hunter Dryers
281 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!