- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Do you have any other remotes that work? It could be the receiver that has quit. If you have other remotes that work your best bet will be to replace the one that isn't working but the opener will need to be programmed to your new remote.
To erase the memory of the opener so that your old remote will no longer work you need to locate the smart/learn button on the rear of the motor unit. Press and hold this button for 6 seconds. No remotes will now work.
To program the new remote when you get it, hold the button down on the remote and then press and immediately release the smart/learn button.
Call any local door opener repair company from the yellow pages and you should be able to buy a remote from them.
If the remote opens and closes while inside the garage but not outside , there are a few things it could be. Assuming it was working fine before..
1. weak battery in remote.
2. remote itself could be bad. (unless you have more than 1 remote acting the same)
3. Logic board in opener is going bad causing limited range.Is the wire that hangs down from the opener straightened out? That is your remote antenna.Some people have coiled or even cut it off..reducing range.
4. Less likely but this can happen- interference from another electronic device, wireless routers, cell phone, new appliances etc.. can reduce remote range. Any new electronics recently purchased?
A replacement remote for your unit runs around $40.00 and the manual is $5.00. The remote is part number 53753 and the manual is 114A3129. FYI the manual will not have instructions for programming your car. The cars owners manual should have those instructions. The frequency of your opener is 315mhz and if your car is older than 2005 it most likely will not work at all.