Question about Maytag Neptune MAH5500B Front Load Washer
But when i set the washer to a seperate spin the water drains out as normal.its also taking twice the time to wash.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Front loader will not spin
Might be a burned (a few coils) motor - feel any burned paint smell?
Alternatively, a broken belt - you'd hear rthe motor spinning, though - or some sensor/wiring malfunction.
Posted on Jan 14, 2008
SOURCE: drain and spin cycle
Okay...the problem may be that you have something caught in the drain pump preventing the impeller from turning. Or, the pump itself may have stopped working. If you experience a problem where the washer does not drain or the drain pump makes excessive noise, here’s the information you need to check the drain pump:
Please read ALL instruction before attempting.
1. Unplug the washer while servicing inside the unit.
2. Remove the lower kick panel under the door by removing the screws at the bottom edge of the panel. HINT: Use a couple of blocks of wood to prop up the front feet of the washer to gain better access to the screws. Once the screws are removed the panel should drop down, and then pull off. If the panel becomes stuck, a slight tap on either side will dislodge it.
3. Locate the drain pump. It will be located under the wash tub (it is the only pump this washer has).
4. The pump can be removed and the housing taken apart to clean out the impeller trap. BEFORE doing this, it is strongly recommended that you remove all residual water from the wash tub & drain line or you will have about a gallon or so inside your washer and on the floor to clean up.
5. Here’s a helpful way of quickly removing the residual water. If you own a wet/dry shop vac, remove the drain hose from the standpipe at the wall and pull a vacuum with the shop vac. This will empty the wash tub, pump and drain lines. If you don’t own a shop vac, grab a bunch of old towels and place them under the pump. Remove one of the drain lines and allow water to drain. If the tub is still standing in water (as you stated) bail as much from the tub before removing the drain lines from the pump (if you are using the towel method for collecting water).
6. Check the drain pump for foreign objects and debris. Check the pump impeller and make sure there’s nothing caught in it. Items as small as toothpicks or cotton swabs have been known to stop this pump from working.
7. Clean out the pump thoroughly and reinstall the housing cover. Make sure the cover is snug, but do not over tighten.
8. Place the drain hose back in the standpipe (IMPORTANT – DO NOT FORGET!).
9. With the bottom panel still off, plug the washer back in and select a wash cycle. Allow the tub to begin filling and check the drain pump for leaks as the washer fills. The pump is gravity filled and will hold water even it is not pumping.
10. If there are no leaks, you can stop the wash cycle at any time and select a drain cycle. If the drain pump works normal, reinstall panel and tighten screws.
11. If your pump still does not run, more than likely, the impeller motor is damaged and the entire pump must be replaced. The motors typically are the part that fails on this pump. Follow the previously mentioned procedures for removing water from the wash tub.
a. Your pump is item #916709 at repairclinic.com. Or part number 134051100 at searspartsdirect.com. Just type in your model number in the search menu and a parts index with pricing is made available to you. the pump is listed as an "askoll pump" under the "Tub" header at the Sears website. HINT: Sears has it a little bit cheaper.
b. It is normal to have residual water left inside the wash tub under the wash basket. This is why it is important to leave the door ajar when not in use so this water does not become sour.
I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions/concerns, please post back with your comments. Good Luck.
Posted on Feb 28, 2008
I have the same washer, WT-R801. Does the machine stop all together when the spin cycle arrives?, if so check the pump on the drain. Mine was burnt out. Its available for $61.00 delivered from Adelaide. Steve.
Posted on Mar 31, 2008
It spins, but doesn't pump
If your washer spins but doesn't pump the water out, the drain line is probably clogged. In many washers, a small sock or other piece of clothing can get between the clothes tub and the outer tub that holds the water. If the clothing gets between the tubs, it may then get into the drain hose that's attached to the pump--or even into the pump itself. If it's in the pump, you need to remove the hoses from the pump and pull the item out.
To remove the sock from the outer tub port, open the washer's main access panel and remove the large-diameter rubber hose that connects the pump to the bottom of the outer tub. Then, using needle-nose pliers, try to grab and remove the clothing through the port.
Sometimes you can't remove the stuck clothing from below. Then you have to remove the agitator, top of the outer drum shield, and inner clothes tub. This isn't easy to do--and you may need special tools--so you might be happier getting a qualified appliance repair technician to do the job.
If the drain line isn't plugged, the problem may be with your pump. Even if the pump appears to be turning, the internal impeller may be broken. If so, you need to replace the pump.
if this helps please vote a fix ya
Posted on Jul 15, 2008
its_me_ac You probably have a faulty timer switch.
You can buy parts at this site , v
Please give me a good rating
Posted on Dec 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2018 | Washing Machines
Oct 21, 2012 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Mar 12, 2010 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
Dec 05, 2009 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Jul 14, 2009 | Frigidaire FTF530FS Front Load Washer
Apr 24, 2009 | GE Profile WPRE6100G Top Load Washer
Apr 03, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Oct 15, 2008 | Hotpoint VBXR1090B Top Load Washer
Dec 13, 2007 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB510LC Free-standing...
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: