Question about Computers & Internet
What you have is the equivalent of a wireless modem and wifi hotspot combined. You still have to go thru a setup procedure with each device you want to connect to it. It should have come with a usb cable that will let you connect the wireless modem directly into the usb port of your computer. This way you can verify that the wireless modem is working and that you can use it to connect to the internet. Once you get it to connect thru your computer then the rest should be fairly simple. Follow the set up instructions that should have come with it to set up wifi connects between each device and the modem. Usually you will be required to use a password that comes with the modem as you do the setup for each device. If you still don't have any luck then try taking it back to the Cricket store and have then try to connect to it thru wifi from one of their cell phone. They should also be able to walk you thru the setup procedure.
Posted on Dec 05, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Intermittent wireless connection can be caused by different factors, such as:
1. Wireless interference within the network. For best results, place your router:
- near the center of the area in which your computers will operate.
- in an elevated location such as a high shelf where the wirelessly connected computers have line-of-sight access (even if through walls).
- away from sources of interference, such as microwaves, and 2.4 GHz cordless phones.
- away from large metal surfaces.
2. Wireless settings on the router are still set to default. This may cause conflict with other Netgear routers within your network range.
- change the router's SSID or wireless network name.
- change the router's channel.
- enable wireless security on the router.
3. If the wireless connection is still unstable after performing the steps above, it is possible that the firmware is corrupted. Upgrade the router's firmware.
Posted on Nov 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 12, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jan 11, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 09, 2010 | Apple iPhone Smartphone
Jun 18, 2009 | Televison & Video
Sep 18, 2008 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Mar 02, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jan 07, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Dec 15, 2007 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!