Hi~ I've got a GE side by side. It is not dispensing water or making ice. I've got fresh water that goes to the water filter, but don't know how to check for water going from water filter to in door dispenser. Any ideas on how to fix or determine what the problem is?
freezer door will not dispense water or ice cubes even though plentiful ice cubes in bucket GE refrigerato ModelPS123SGRC SV
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The water reservoir is probably frozen. Remove the drawer second from the bottom and place a hair dryer on the shelf blowing on the coil of water line referred to as the water tank/reservoir. Let it blow hot air on it for 10 to 15 minutes. Try the water dispense. If the water flow is restored, set the fresh food section one setting COLDER to increase air circulation. Set the freezer to one setting to one setting warmer to circulate air that is a bit warmer. This corrects 90% of the issues related to water dispense. The other 10% is normally the fault of the water valve.
i would ck the water valve . this is a dual valve in the back one side may have burned out and is not opening to let water in one side is for icemker and other for foutain . and also ck the water line inside freshfood see if its frozen. ( if themp is too cold in fresh food side it will freeze . should be about 38 deg .. hope this helps mm
you may have a pin hole in your water line to your dispenser or you could be leaking at the water valve itself on the water dispenser side. you'll have to pull the refrigerator out from the wall and look where the main water line goes into the back of the refrigerator. you will probably have to take the back off to see. be sure you put the back of the refrigerator back when you are through.
The water that goes to the door actually is routed through the hinge on the freezer door. Take a look and see if you can't find where the tube comes out and goes into the water dispenser. I bet it has come loose and is rerouting the water down the side of the fridge and onto the floor; hence the puddle.
Also, just because you don't drink the water doesn't mean you don't drink the water! If you use ice from the ice dispenser then you ARE drinking the water. The water that feeds the ice trays comes through the filter, so you might consider changing it every 6 months rather you use the water dispenser or not.
Hope this helps, I have one too and its causing a different set of problems...
If your frig only has a dispenser for water, the first thing you need to check, is the shut off valve, which is sometimes under the kitchen sink, and make sure nobody turned it off for some reason. If you have a frig that dispenses both ice and water, and only the ice is working but you aren’t getting any water, then it is probably the water side of the dual water valve that has gone out. A lot of times the water side of the valve will go out before the icemaker side, because it tends to be on longer due to people filling up glasses and pitchers. If you hear water running when you try and get water, then you probably have a leak in the water line that goes to the dispenser. Another thing that is rare is the water will freeze in the reservoir that is behind the crisper drawers in the fresh food compartment. This sometimes happens when it isn’t used enough.
You have one of three things wrong. The auger motor is frozen up, the ice bucket is broken or you need to dump out any ice, run warm water through the entire ice bucket, dry it out and try again with fresh cubes. My guess is the auger motor is frozen. You can buy a vinyl boot that covers the auger motor to prevent moisture buildup and freezing from GE Parts at 1-800-626-2002