Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Sometimes turning printer off and on works to bring it back online
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
SOURCE: printer online then offline
My first solotution was to reinstall the printer as a new printer. But that is uncessary. The fix is as easy as changing the IP address the in Port.
The problem is the the IP address for your wirelss is not static. and when it changes, the printer does not recognize the new IP address. When this occurs. go the the printer folder ( in the control panel) and click on 'add new priter'. Then select 'add a network wirless printer . NO NEED TO INSTALL THE PRINTER...you just want to see the IP address.
Note the IP address.
GO to the printer, click on the right mouse and select 'properties'
Click on Port
You will see the current port already highlighted.
Click on ' configure port' and change the IP address under "printer name or IP address.
Posted on Mar 21, 2009
Unplug the USB connection in the back of the printer.
Then go to Start. In the "Start Search" box type "services.msc. Hit Enter.
The Services window appear.
Scroll down to "Print Spooler". Right click and select "Restart".
After a few seconds reconnect the USB cable.
You can also access the Services box by going to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services.
You may require administrative rights to do this
Hope that helps
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 08, 2013 | Epson stylus nx110 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 09, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo RX700 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 06, 2010 | Epson Stylus NX100 InkJet Printer
Mar 21, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo RX500 Printer
Feb 18, 2009 | Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
Jan 06, 2009 | Epson Stylus 2200 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 13, 2007 | Epson Stylus Pro 9600 InkJet Printer
Dec 01, 2006 | Epson Stylus C86 InkJet Printer
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!