- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
IF its the original remote for the device, the circuit board is just dirty and is not getting good contact. If its a universal then the codes may not be 100% compatible with the device or the remote isn't 100% compatible either.
Here you go. This will work with most all universal remote controls. If you don't have the code do the following: Automatic Programming With automatic programming, the remote control tests all the codes available on the Code List and assigns the correct code for the selected device. Although this method can be more time-consuming, it eliminates the need to look up codes and enter them manually.
1. Turn off the device with which you want to use the remote control.
2. Press and hold the corresponding button on the remote control (TV, VCR, SAT, DVD, CAB or AUD) until POWER INDICATOR illuminates. It should take a couple of seconds for the light to remain solid. The remote control is in programming mode.
3. Press and release power button. The POWER INDICATOR flashes once and stays on indicating the unit is in Power Scan mode.
4. Press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down repeatedly until the device turns on.
5. When the device turns on, press OK to store the code.
Note: • To exit without storing the code, press BACK. • T he unit will search for the next code or the previous code if you press CHANNEL up or CHANNEL down after the device turns on. (go slow you need to press OK when the TV turns on) if you mess up turn TV off and start over. 6. Press any other button. If the device responds, the remote control has been programmed. If the device does not respond, repeat steps 2-5.
Fill free to ask me questions about anything..........................
have you programmed the remote? or you can go into the menu button on the front of the tv, use the up down (either the volume or channel may move the selection) to locate the caption on/off control and turn it off that way. if you need the manual try here
if the volume down ts working then that means the remote is working if the volume + does not work and the channel + then they need to be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol using a cotton swab, that means you will have to open up the remote control
All you have to do is turn the TV on and turn to a channel that doesn't
prompt the V-chip password (even if it's snowy) and hold down the
volume (down -) button on the main unit while holding down the number
"0" on the remote control. It might take a few tries, and you might
need to change the TV channel for some reason but if done correctly,
either the TV will turn off, or the menu screen will pop up and ask if
you want to set the vchip password, either way you should be able to
watch your TV now! :)