HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One Series
Able to print test page
Under printers & faxes I see I have a 5600 sieries, not a 5610 series printer. I rescently reinstalled windows and printer cd. Will this have anything to do with the printer not printing. It appears to be connected correctly.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You may have a couple of problems. First, you say you have more than one icon in your Printers dialog box for 5600 series printers. My guess is that you installed two different drivers, one for the 5600 and one for the 5610.
Try deleting the 5600 printer icon and making the 5610 the default printer. Run the test print again to verify it works, then open a Word document and see if you can print that.
This brings me to the second issue; what exactly are you trying to print? The issue in this case, may not be the printer but an issue with the document. Some documents have a security feature that prevents printing. Try different documents (Word, Excel, etc...) and see if the problem is across the board. Post the results here.
here are the things that i want you to follow to somehow resolve your issue.
1. On your computer, click on start then go to control panel
2. inside control panel open the PRINTERS and FAXES (XP) or PRINTER (VISTA).
3. make sure change the default printer icon to the HP Officejet 5600 series.
- right click HP Officejet 5600 series and choose "set as default printer"
4. then try printing,
note: the reason why you encounter that problem is because the default printer icon is the "HP officejet 5600 series fax".