Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: error e4 pixma mp145
Hi there you try.
Canon printers MP 160 AND MAYBE OTHERS
A) E5, E6 or E4 - it is cartridges error - to fix press the "stop\reset" button for 5-7 sec. and then release
B) E27 - it is code for reset absorber (EEPROM reset or Waste
ink counter reset) and follow the described below
1) With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding
the Stop/ Reset button.
2) When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
3) When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order), the printer will move into a
service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4) When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the specified number of time(s) according to the
function listed in the table below.(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.)note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset
LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5) Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off)
then turn it on again.
Only in B) case you can enter into "service mode", in A) case or if have e.g. paper jam, or another error you CAN'T enter
the "service mode"
Anonymous see A) case: E5, E6 or E4 - it is cartridges error - to fix press the "stop\reset" button for 5-7 sec. and then release
All I ask is please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 09, 2010
1) Disconnect the printer's power outlet
2) Press and hold the power button while connecting the power outlet back. 3) While still holding down the power button, press the reset button twice.(red circle with a triangle)
4) Release the power button
The printer takes about 10 seconds to show the number 0.
(at this step, i press and hold the reset button twice, each time i press and hold is about 5 seconds. then i'm able to continue to the next step)
5) Press + to change the value from 0 to 1.
6) When this value is 1, press colour button; this will light up two leds.
One is for plain paper and the other for photo paper. At this point feed the printer with paper.
7) Press the power button twice and the printer will print a some stuff (if this page doesn't print by itself, press the "color" button once and the test page will print). Don't worry much about the printed material. I got some stripped lines and some numbers. I believe that my colour cartridge is clogged which is why I got the green strips.
When you print this sheet the value in the display returns to zero.
(at this step, i have to wait for about two minutes or more then the printer automatically start print the document mentioned.)
8 ) Open the printer cover cover (not the scanner cover) and remove the cartridges. With the printer still open, disconnect the power outlet.
9) Close the lid and turn on the printer.
10) Refill cartridges and place them back in their nice little abode in the printer.
11) close the printer cover. Wait for 2 mins. (for my printer, i didnt wait for two minutes, the light immediately disappeared) The amber light beside the black ink and color ink will have disappeared.
Also if you take printouts now you will no longer get the ink low warning.If you check the ink status
it will show that the cartridge is full !!! The ink level has been reset successfully."
PS: I did not solve this myself just copy and paste from other source but I tried it and it works.
Posted on Feb 17, 2010
THIS SOLUTION FOR PEOPLE WHO CANNOT RESET THEIR OWN PRINTER LIKE ME
hi, now i got a solution how to SCAN if your printer have E-5 error or something. First u must remove the both cartridge from your printer and make sure u connect your printer to your computer, after that, do this
With the printer powered off but connected to a power source, press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times while pressing and holding the Power button.
And then you will see no error in your printer (the LED shows number 1,and the alarm is in green)
NOW U CAN SCAN USING MP NAVIGATOR!
Posted on Apr 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 28, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 22, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 18, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP160 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 01, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 16, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 14, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 25, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 10, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 25, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!