Question about Dell Latitude D510 Notebook
Posted by Anonymous on
Please check out the following steps to confirm the real issue:
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
I think the most likely cause is that your dell charger is broken, just try a new charger to test:
Replacement Dell Latitude D510 AC Adapter 90Watt 19.5V 4.62A
Posted on Dec 04, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
HI, check soldering on Fuse 1 right next to the power inlet plug, just fixed mine.
you will have to dissassemble it completly to get acces to it
Posted on Feb 13, 2009
SOURCE: Dell Latitude D510 Screen Failed
The 14.1" inch screen is compatible with Latitude models D500, D505, D510, D600, D610 and Inspiron models 500m, 510m, 600m.
You may also need a screen inverter - in fact that is often the reason a screen is considered to be failing. The lcd inverter can be one of the most common items to become defective in a laptop computer. You may need a lcd inverter replacement if your screen is dim, dark, colored oddly, blinking, flickering or has dark stripes. Just something to keep in mind.
Hope this helps,
Posted on Mar 23, 2009
Only way to do this would be to do a "system restore" without disks you can only hope you have restore points setup... run system restore from control panel and find out..
if no restore points contact dell for a restore disk.. remember the system restore without disks will not remove viruses or other harmful files..
Posted on Aug 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 09, 2012 | Dell Latitude D510 Notebook
Jun 16, 2011 | Dell Latitude D510 Notebook Computer for...
Dec 17, 2010 | Dell Latitude D510 Notebook
May 19, 2010 | Dell Latitude D510 Notebook
Apr 13, 2010 | Dell Latitude D510 Notebook
Apr 01, 2010 | Dell Latitude D510 Notebook
Dec 24, 2009 | Dell Latitude D510 Notebook
Jan 20, 2009 | Dell Latitude D510 Notebook
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!