Question about GE Spacemaker JVM1540 Microwave Oven
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: GE JVM1440 Spacesaver Microwave
You can fix it without the aid of a repairman. Simply unplug the microwave and remove the outer casing. There should be a few screws around the bottom edge and back panel. Once you have the unit open, look for where the power cord comes in. There should be a circuit board with a fuse mounted to it. This is your input line filter. The fuse should be a 20 amp appliance fuse that you can pick up at any hardware store (Lowe's and Home Depot both carry them). DO NOT op test with the outer casing removed. Potentials of about 14,000 volts are present in the high voltage network of a microwave oven. Close the unit up BEFORE you power it back up. Let me know if this helps.
Posted on Aug 11, 2007
I have an over the oven microwave that blew a magnetron after 4 years. Could be the same thing. It was out of warranty for the free labor, so I took it apart (I'm kind of a geek) and found out the magnetron was gone. Shortening the story: I bought a new magnetron from an online place and replaced it and it works fine. If you have someone replace your magnetron, see if you can get it for free-they have a long warranty on the magnetron ($150 part) and at 5 years, you probably qualify. Rich
Posted on Mar 13, 2009
This of course assumes that your oven has the optional Recirculating Charcoal Filter Kit (part # JX81C available here) already installed.
From the owner's manual here:
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Nov 29, 2009
This is usually caused by a "Blown" magnetron, and or the High power Diode And YES, putting metal inside the MW, will cause it to fail.
You need to get a "Quote" for any repair, as the repair may cost nearly as much, as new unit. Also the new unit will have a warranty.
Posted on Jul 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 27, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 20, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1540 Microwave Oven
Jun 04, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 16, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 13, 2010 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 27, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jul 02, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
May 27, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Apr 05, 2009 | GE Microwave Ovens
Aug 21, 2007 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: