Question about Computers & Internet
Cannecting ok with ethernet phone cable
To connect your computer to a wireless router, you click the Refresh network list, then Choose your wireless network and then click Connect to your secured Wireless Network, it will asks for a Network Key before allowing you to connect into your wireless network. This Network Key is either the WEP, or WPA or WPA2 Encryption key that is configured in the Wireless settings in the Router. The Passphrase is an alternate way to setup the Encryption key.
When you are requested for a Network Key, you can just enter the Passphrase or WPA or WPA2 key that was used to configure the Encryption key in the wireless router. http://www.fixya.com/support/r5270415-network_password_network_address For information on securing your wireless network, configuring the wireless router and configuring the wireless card in the laptop/computer, please click on this link and follow my instructions :- http://www.fixya.com/support/r3559128-wireless_router_security
Posted on Dec 04, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Do you need to see the desktop or just share folders from each other? If the latter then you need to do the following:
Use Windows Explorer and select a folder you want to share. Right click and select sharing and security.
On the sharing tab click on Share this folder. Enter a share name ( I like to enter the PC name _folder name; Rick1_Downloads)
Click on Permissions. If your ok with everyone using the PC's and Laptops having access then highlight Everyone and click on Full Control.
Do this on each PC and Laptop.
That should be it or darned near close.
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
I understand that you are facing trouble with the installation of the router as the CD does not work. Please perform the below steps to install the router without using CD:
1. Connect the cable/phone line coming from Internet Service Provider to the WAN port of the router(isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports.
3. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
4. Access the router, usually by typing 'http://192.168.0.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
5. Login to the router (username = admin password = password unless you have changed it).
6. Click 'setup wizard'(at the top of list) from left menu.
7. Select yes and click next.
8. It should give you a "PPPoA Detected" and then click next.
9. Enter the login and password of ISP click apply.
10. Once the settings are updated click on 'router Status' and click on 'connection status' button(at the bottom of the page).
11. Click on connect button.
12. Connecting to server should show 'connected'.
13. If you receive 'CHAP authentication failed', close the 'connection status' window and click on 'Basic settings'. Check the login and password for ISP and apply the setting again.
14. Open up another browser window and try to access internet.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Jan 06, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2014 | Zonet Zpw4000 1 port Usb 2.0 Wireless...
Sep 09, 2014 | Televison & Video
Jan 13, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Mar 06, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Apr 18, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Apr 10, 2009 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Dec 20, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: