Question about Canon iP4700 InkJet Photo Printer
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Probably your waste ink counter. Should be cleaned or replaced before
resetting but usually you can get away with resetting once.
1. Start with printer OFF
2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
3. Release RESUME
4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
5. let green light blink until printhead has finished moving.
6. Select functions below with RESUME, execute with POWER
0 presses - green light - Test Print (exit service for i960)
1 press - orange light - EEPROM info print
2 presses - green light - EEPROM initialise
3 presses - orange light - reset waste ink counter.
This also applies to the i550, i560, i950, i960
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
According to the manual found here:
7 orange lights represents a bad print head, and the printer will need serviced or replacement. Since printers are so cheap lately, I would just go shopping. Hope this helps! Thanks!
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
It's mean "Print head not installed/Defective print head".First open cover and remove the ink cartridges.Then open holder and remove the print head.Clean the contacts on printer and print head using piece of cotton and some alcohol.Then put back all again.If the problem persist you need to replace the print head.It's part number now is QY6-0064, because the old QY6-0042 is discontinued.
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
SOURCE: Canon iP4700 with error 6C10
It's probably a waste absorber issue.
A fix from FixYa Support:
1. Start with printer off
2. Press and hold resume Button (triangle in the circle) and click "Power" button. Green led should be on
3. While holding the Power button, release the Resume Button.
4. Without releasing the Power Button, click "Resume" button for two times and release Both Buttons.
5. Click "Resume" for four times then soon click "Power" button, to confirm the selected action (reset counter absorber).
6. Turn off the printer and turn on again
Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2016 | Canon PIXMA iP3500 Printer
Aug 16, 2015 | Canon PIXMA iP4700 InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 19, 2013 | Canon iP4700 InkJet Photo Printer
printer powered off but connected on power source , you must:
1. Press & hold stop/reset button, and then press & hold [ON/OFF] button.
2. When Green power lit, leave stop/reset button & press twice stop/reset (see orange indicator).
3. Leave On/Off button. Printer in actually service mode.
4. Press stop/reset 4 times (see orange indicator) if not blink restart above process from top.
5. After press stop/reset 4 times successful press On/Off button 3 times. printer will off.
6. Press On/Off button.
Waste ink full reset These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
Jul 23, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 21, 2011 | Cannon i70 Printer
Feb 15, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Sep 07, 2009 | Canon BubbleJet i560 InkJet Printer
Dec 07, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP90 InkJet Printer
Jul 05, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i70 InkJet Photo Printer
500 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: