a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Since the LTV20V2SL only has an NTSC (analog tuner), you may need a set top box to receive any stations. If you have analog cable or are close to a low-power station that still broadcasts an analog signal, you need to follow the steps below.
First, make sure that the input is set to TV. On the remote, there is a TV button in the second row of buttons below the arrow keys. It's on the left below the MTS button. You could also use the TV/Video button on the top of the TV. It's the right-most button and each press of the button will move through the entire list of available inputs. You can use the original remote to select your signal type with the TV/CATV (Over-the-air or different types of cable TV) button. It's on the right hand side of the row with the TV button. Next press CH. Scan on the remote. It's the second button from the right above the arrow keys.
Alternatively, you can use the on-screen menu. Press the Menu button on the remote (on the left above the arrow keys) or TV (the left-most button). Then use the left/right arrows to navigate to the TV sub-menu. Use the up/down arrows to select the appropriate line. First, set the second line to the correct Input signal with the left/right arrows and press Enter to confirm your choice. Then go down a line and press the right arrow key to start the Auto Scan. Note the Channel up/down arrows are up/down and the Volume up/down are left/right if you use the TV buttons.
I hope this helps.
(If you are using a set-top box, you will need to do the channel scan for that device.)
The PDP-507XA only has an analog tuner. You will need a set-top box (digital to analog converter) to receive over-the-air signals in most places. For analog cable, you need to set the source to TV. Press the Select button, if needed (it's above and to the left of the arrow keys), to put the remote in TV mode. There is also an Input button on the TV. If the Channel Up/Down keys do not work, you need to reset the TV Press the Home Menu button. Navigate to the Setup menu (Up/Down arrows followed by Enter) and select Auto Installation. Enter your password for the TV; the default password is given in the manual on page 41. It's available from Pioneer here: docs.pioneer.eu/Manuals/PDP_507XA_ARE1430_manual . Set the Language (use the Up/Down arrows followed by Enter. Then use the Left/Right arrows to change the setting). Then set the Country. Press Start to begin a scan for channels. Alternatively, select Analogue TV Setup and enter the password. Then identify the correct receiving system. Manually enter the channels in the Search area. Set Store to Yes to save channels.
It sounds like that the TV was set to skip certain channels. You need to rescan for channels or manually edit the channel list. To manually add channels, press Menu on the TV (or the equivalent key on the Sony remote if you found a code that works). Then use the Up/Down arrows (channel change keys) to select Ch Scan Memory + . Then enter the number of the channel (numerically or up and down arrows). Press + (volume + key) to change the setting from Deleted to Added or vice versa. Since you do not have the original remote, I'm not sure if the Sony remote will match the Reset key of the original remote. Unfortunately without that key being pressed twice, you can't reset the entire channel list and cause the channel search to begin automatically.
The manual for the DS19330 TV is here: http://www.sanyotv.com/DS19330%20%28ESF%29%203764--.pdf . (I'm assuming you haven't recently added cable after only receiving only OTA signals. If you have changed inputs like that, you need to go through the menu and change the source.) Menu > Cable or Air .
Please follow these instructions to manually/automatically update the digital (DTV) channels on the Samsung LE26R73BD.
Please use the following buttons on your Samsung remote control to navigate the on-screen menus:
- "D.MENU" - Opens/closes the on-screen menu (below the numerical key "0") - DIRECTIONAL ARROW KEYS - To navigate up/down/left right through the on-screen menus - "ENTER/OK" - Selects/confirms a selected option (in the centre of the arrows)
Automatic Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Auto Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Start Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 21 . . ." 10. Highlight "End Frequency" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "CH 69 . . ." 11. Highlight "Start Frequency" again and then press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan.
Some of the options above will already be selected so will not need to be changed. I've provided the correct settings just in case they are incorrectly set. Note: UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive.
The scan will take a few minutes to complete and the progress will be displayed. When the channel scan is complete, the menu should close automatically and the TV will return to viewing mode. If not, press either the "D.MENU" or "EXIT" button to return to watching TV.
Manual Channel Scan / Update:
1. Make sure you are in digital TV mode - Press the "TV/DTV" button on the remote to switch between analogue (ATV) and digital (DTV) modes. 2. Press the "D.MENU" key 3. Highlight "Installation" (first option) and press "OK/ENTER" 4. If asked for a PIN code, enter 0 0 0 0 using the numerical keyson the remote. If you have set a different PIN code, please enter your own code here. 5. Highlight "Select County" and press "OK/ENTER" 6. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to select "UK" then press "OK/ENTER" 7. Highlight "Manual Scanning" and press "ENTER/OK" 8. Highlight "Scan Mode" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to set the value to "Digital" 9. Highlight "Channel Number" and use the LEFT/RIGHT arrows to choose which channel number you wish to scan . . .
UK Freeview stations are on channels 21 to 69 inclusive. In manual tuning mode, these need to be scanned one at a time. Please note, many of these channels are "empty". UK Freeview only uses 5 of these channels (called Multiplexes or MUX) or 6 if you have HD. I am unable to tell you which 5 channels these are as they vary according to whichever transmitter or repeater station your aerial is aligned to.
10. Press "OK/ENTER" to start the channel scan. 11. Repeat steps 9 and 10 for each additonal channel you wish to scan.
Please note: Manual scanning can cause some unexpected results - particularly if your aerial has a reception from more than one transmitter/repeater. For this reason it is better to use the automatical scan unless you have a specific reason for needing to scan manually.
Hopefully this will be all you need to update the digital channels on your TV. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please let me know.
There are 2 methods for changing the subtitle settings on your DVD player.
To turn off the subtitles on your DVD player during playback:
1. Press the "SUBTITLE" button on your remote control
The subtitle button is just below the "0" (zero) numerical key on the remote control. It is marked "SUBTITLE" above the button and the button has "ABC" written inside a white rectangle on it. 2. Use the left "<" and right ">" arrow keys to change the subtitle setting
Each time you press an arrow key the subtitle language will change and eventually the language will read "OFF". The subtitles are now switched off during playback.
To turn disc subtitles off from the main menu:
1. Press the "MENU/LIST" button on your remote control (directly below "STOP")
The main menu will now appear 2. Press the down arrow key on your remote once to highlight "A" in the left hand column of the main menu 3. Press the right arrow key on your remote once to move to the right-hand column of the menu 4. Press the down arrow twice to highlight "Disc Subtitle" 5. Use the left and right arrow keys to change the subtitle options until your required choice is displayed
6. Once set, press the "MENU/LIST" button again to exit the menu.
This should solve your problem, but if you need any further assistance, please post back.
Q.Why are the menu settings that I changed not being saved?
The TV is in Showroom mode. The following steps will help you switch to Home mode.
Press Menu button from the remote,
Press Down arrow key until you see the word Picture, then press the Right arrow key,
Press Down arrow key until you see Mode, then press the Right arrow key,
Press Down arrow key until you see Power Up, then press the Right arrow key,
Press Down arrow key until you see Home, then press the Enter key,
Press Menu button four times to exit out from the OSD Menu.
***Showroom mode is designed for retailers to display the TV and to protect from shoppers changing the settings that are predetermined for shelf display environment.***.
Q.Why does my TV display "No Signal" or "Channel not in List"?
Channel search needs to run the very first time of use or after the default settings are loaded from the OSD menu. The following steps will guide you through the process.
Press Source button until Tuner is visible on the upper right corner,
Press Menu button from the remote,
Press Down arrow key until you see Setup, then press the Right arrow key,
Press Down arrow key until you see TV, then press the Right arrow key,
Press Down arrow key until you see Auto Channel Search, then press the Right arrow key,
Press Down arrow key until you see Air (for antenna; select Cable if you have cable service), then press the Right arrow key. The scan process will start.
Wait until the process is complete then you will be able to select the channel you like to watch.